LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

will my car sound bad with no cat and no muffler?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 02:51 PM
1st Gear Member

i was hesitant on ordering it since i dont know if theres an issue with my ecu or the connection to the aldl port. but its ordered and i should have the cable and stuff by friday.
theres alot i want to learn here, especially since i mess with hondas alot and some of the same stuff applies to the obd1. and i really just love messing with cars period
Wow they already shipped my order! the guys at aldlcable/obd diagnostics are great. i called and had someone right away on the fone and got my questions answered fast.
if anyone is considering the cable get it from them. i cant wait to start playing with stuff

Originally Posted by torque_is_good
that's a big thumbs up

for me, the easiest was to spend $70 and use Solomon lt1pcmtuning.com

not only do you get his experience but it's good to have another informed opinion. And then, the tune is customized for your vehicle.

he'll tell you in a heartbeat if it looks like you may have other issues such as O2's, exhaust leak, other sensors

Last edited by hoursetraitor; 12-13-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:46 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hoursetraitor
i was hesitant on ordering it since i dont know if theres an issue with my ecu or the connection to the aldl port. but its ordered and i should have the cable and stuff by friday.
theres alot i want to learn here, especially since i mess with hondas alot and some of the same stuff applies to the obd1. and i really just love messing with cars period
Wow they already shipped my order! the guys at aldlcable/obd diagnostics are great. i called and had someone right away on the fone and got my questions answered fast.
if anyone is considering the cable get it from them. i cant wait to start playing with stuff
if you think they are good, if you decide to use Solomon for a tune wait until you get a load of his support. I was pleased with how the car was running by the 2nd datalog/tune and he kept wanting to get it perfect. After 1.6 rr's and replacing O2's because of a rich condition, I did a "re-tune" which was only $35 and at the same time i had VATs tuned out.

his customer service is the likes rarely seen. he spoils you

Old 12-13-2010, 08:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by torque_is_good
if you think they are good, if you decide to use Solomon for a tune wait until you get a load of his support. I was pleased with how the car was running by the 2nd datalog/tune and he kept wanting to get it perfect. After 1.6 rr's and replacing O2's because of a rich condition, I did a "re-tune" which was only $35 and at the same time i had VATs tuned out.

his customer service is the likes rarely seen. he spoils you
well usually thats how real car junkies treat eachother

i just got some new o2s and turns out my o2 socket isnt deep enough for the sensor! gotta run to harbor freight to return it and get the offset o2 socket

Old 12-15-2010, 04:14 AM
1st Gear Member

changed my fuel filter and one o2 sensor so far, the one i pulled out looked kinda green colored, is this normal, its really clean too, bosch brand.green tinted

Old 12-20-2010, 10:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Replace the Bosch units regardless. Bosch O2s are notorious for dying.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:28 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ChandlerMotorsports
Replace the Bosch units regardless. Bosch O2s are notorious for dying.
i did, and i got my aldl cable, havent really found anything wrong with the car except the idle seems to be set at 550rpm. and i cant change it