Project Bone Maro 2000 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Overdrive Member

I cant remember the #s off the top of my head but I do remember the upgrade brakes (like we have) stopped about 15-20 feet shorter and all 4th gens beat the mustangs of the same years. I would guess from my own car somewhere around 110' or so

Massey

Old 02-14-2011, 11:22 AM

the under body is starting to rust so i would suggest putting it on a lift and than go ahead and see how bad it is and the next step would be getting off that rust off clean it to the metal and than spray it with some anti-rust coating.

http://www.rimslegend.com

Old 02-16-2011, 07:30 PM
Overdrive Member

I finally heard your engine... sounds like my Wife's car... once the engine has been running a while all that noise goes away right? It does on her car, and a GM mech I know said that hers is a severe but should not cause any problems so long as we wait for that sound to go away before playing hard with the car.

Massey

Old 02-16-2011, 10:39 PM
Overdrive Member

I just went out and bought my own DOCSIS 3 modem for $75 from wally world and told Comcast where to stick it. Win 7 gave me a few video errors when I first installed it but with some updated drivers (I like nVidia cards) the issues went away. I had Win 7 full release about a month before everyone else, because of my Computer Security Classes I had access to most of the build canditates and we were offered the retail release well before the public and well before the drivers. I feel your pain.

Massey

Old 02-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Overdrive Member

how bad was the ticket... one or two in a few year period usually does not hurt the ins. bill too bad.

Massey

Old 02-17-2011, 05:34 PM
Overdrive Member

Yea that is a little high but not too bad. We are paying about the same for the Z28 that my Wife drives. My Sarah is only about $250 for 6 months with no collision.

Massey

Old 02-19-2011, 03:55 AM
Overdrive Member

Originally Posted by DarkFox
Been thinkin today... I like the look of the stock SS camaro..

kinda thinking about going that route. Do you think that's "ricing" to do that? I don't suppose i'd need SS badges or anything, but I do like the SS front grill insert thing more.. and it does have an "SS" on it.

I suppose what I'd need is the SS stock spoiler, rims, hood, and that SS insert thing.

the hood is like $1500 from gmpd, found some knock off rims on ebay, dunno what oes cost, I'd imagine $400-700 each from memory of when I bent 2 rims on my subaru.

stock spoiler.. $??

stock insert thing $??

I'd paint the camaro wording piece across the back black, maybe get the letters in chrome or white or soemthing.. new stock tails, "whisler" mode new stock headlights.. I think it'd look pretty good like that.

window tint obv. But.. I'd have to get the driver's window fixed. I think it's aligned wrong. I think it may even be missing some pieces the way it flops around in the door. I tried to buy a drivers power window switch from a guy today but he wouldn't sell it. Said I had to buy the whole door panel.

Don't need a door panel but thanks anyway buddy..

Putting the SS equips on the maro is not "ricing" it but customizing it. So long as you dont advertise the Z as an SS, you wont get any flack from most Camaro owners.

As for the window, you have an issue that is pretty common and will require some welding. There is a guide pin to keep the window from wobbling back and forth and what have you. A body shop should be able to handle it with minimal expense. I have done a couple of them myself and so long as there is not much rust where the pin goes the weld job is easy. If it is bad then a piece of glass from a wrecking yard is the way to go since they usually leave the track on the glass.

SS rims can be found on Craigslist or E-bay from time to time for a couple hundred... usually no major expence.

The hood can be purchased after market for alot less than the stock SLP offering. The hood scoop opening is different but all and all the look is the same.

Massey

Old 02-28-2011, 10:30 AM
Overdrive Member

The alternators are specific to the engine they go to. Internally they are the same but the mounting brackets are different.

Remanned
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...1468&ppt=C0330

New
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...1468&ppt=C0330

and both come with a lifetime warranty. The remanned Alternator is as close to new as you can get without being new. Every electrical part is replaced, the field and stator coils are both rewound with new wire, and the bearings and other hardware is all replaced with new. The only parts that are used are the case, armeture frame. I rarely get them back for warranty. Again a little extra $$$ now for piece of mind may be worth it.

Massey

Old 02-28-2011, 01:11 PM
Overdrive Member

Just make sure you get the Delco for the LS1 and not the V6 or any of the other LS engines. THe LS1 is the only one I know of that has a low mount alt.

Massey

Old 03-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Overdrive Member

The ones from A1 Cardone do not come with the res unless it states that in the description.

These are not high failure rate parts and if your petal feels good still I would just leave them alone. Master cylinders will usually leak before failure or they will have "hard" or "soft" spots in them as you depress the petal. Soft spots are the worst since the petal moves down and you dont get any additional braking force.

Massey

Quick Reply: Project Bone Maro 2000 Z28