93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

HELP!!! no spark

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Unhappy

hey guys, im back.so i took it to a shop. the guy is a master technician. for over 25 years. i left it there for a week. and came back. and the guy gave me the blankest look. he told me he went through every little thing on the car.and didnt find any problems. he also put in a new ignition module and crank shaft sensor. after 16 hours of work, the bill came out to free, since he didnt find anything. im not sure where to go with this..anyone?......

Old 11-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Find a real mechanic. Being stumped by driveabilty issue is one thing or not finding a problem that comes and goes is understandable but to be stumped by a no start issue is a sign the tech does not understand the system he is dealing with. Every part of the circuit can be tested. If you can not find a good wrench in your area then take it to the dealer.

I know going to the "dealer" is taboo on this sight but I wish I could remembers all the times I worked on problem cars only to have a customer come in a thanks me and tell me they wish they would have come here first.

One time while standing at the service desk a customer came in to make an appointment. His dash lights where fading in and out and blinking over bumps. I ask if I could check it real quick. On the way out I grab my 1/4 drive and 10 mm socket. The whole way to his car he told me how tuff this was going to be to fix cause his mechanic was the best and he had already spent $500 on battery/alternator and 6 hours of labor looking for the problem. When we got to the truck I opened the door reached in tightened a very loose dash ground. I told him he did not need an apointment and have a nice day. After about 15 minute the customer came back in, I guess he test drove the car. He was furious he wanted to know how I knew what was wrong with his car. I told him it was the third one that came in this month. Sometimes no one know your GM car better then the dealer. On cars more then 2 years old 80% of the time we knew what was wrong with the cars just by the customer description. The other 19% We knew it was one of several possible problems it was the 1% odd ***** that where the fun jobs.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:29 PM

i found the prolbem today..stared up right away. it was the ignition module conector. the pink was insert was bent and i guess not touching the needle. so i changed the connector from my other camaro harness. THANKS guys for all you HELP. Appreciate it!!!

Old 11-18-2009, 08:29 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Gorn is right, Sometimes you just have to break down and take it in.... Not every problem can be solved over the internet, besides- some advice you will get will be shadetree - and we dont offer any waranties.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:12 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

hay good deal. thanks for letting us know what it was and that u found it. we all learn that way. have fun crusin this weekend.

Originally Posted by slavic
i found the prolbem today..stared up right away. it was the ignition module conector. the pink was insert was bent and i guess not touching the needle. so i changed the connector from my other camaro harness. THANKS guys for all you HELP. Appreciate it!!!

Old 11-20-2009, 10:51 AM

yea ima upload some pictures this week. tell me what you think

Old 11-26-2009, 10:08 PM
1st Gear Member

if only i saw this post earlier i coulda told you that....had a similar problem in my camaro.