Who knows anything about wiring subwoofers.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 08:40 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Chaotic94
I would go with 4 gauge. It will give you room for upgrades later and will feed plenty of power to your amplifier.
What kind of sub setup are you using.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:06 PM
2nd Gear member

Will I also have to replace the stock speakers In the car or wont you have to replace.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:28 PM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I have a single 12" Pioneer in a 1.5 cubic foot sealed box. You don't have to replace the door speakers but it's recommended if you're running a decent sub setup. A set of decent coaxials will do the job. I recommend RE Audio. They have the best sound quality I've ever heard and Ive worked at two automotive audio installation shops. RE Audio always has a perfect blend of highs and mids while your subs will push the lows. You can get RE Audio speakers for like $40-$60 on sonicelectronix.com I believe. That's where I got mine but I don't remember exactly how much they cost. By the way, your car takes a 6.5" speaker if you didn't already know.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:29 PM
In the Staging Lanes

You can use the stock speakers if you like the way they sound. I didn't so I changed mine. Stock speakers will work though.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:32 PM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by 94ChevyCamaroV6
Thanks for your help It will help me when I Install these things. One more thing would be as far as sanding the ground cable. Will I sand the ground cable Itself or the cars bolt along with the base where the bolt would normally be. I am confused on what pieces to sand.
You want to sand any existing paint off of the bolt that you're using for your ground. That way you get good connection from your wire to the metal.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:33 PM
2nd Gear member

I think one of the speakers In my car Is blown because It has a rattle like fuzz sound to It. I found this deck online. I am wondering If this deck I found will work for my amp. Could I only replace the one blown speaker with one of the ones that comes In this bundle or will It sound funny then I have to replace all the speakers. Walmart.com: Kenwood KDC-148 CD/MP3 200W Receiver with pair of 6.5" 2-Way Speakers, Bundle: Auto Electronics

Old 08-02-2011, 10:35 PM
2nd Gear member

You want to sand any existing paint off of the bolt that you're using for your ground. That way you get good connection from your wire to the metal.
Alright I have seen different answers. Your saying that I only sand the bolt. I should sand the metal part of the car where the bolt would normally be sitting on. But only sand the bolt dont sand the terminal or metal where the bolt would normally sit on.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:49 PM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Sand everything that the wire will be touching to insure a good connection. That bundle pack will do nicely. Use both speakers in either the rear or front depending on where the blown speaker is. I would put two good stock speakers in the back and the new ones in the doors. You'll get the best sound that way.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:58 PM
2nd Gear member

Sand everything that the wire will be touching to insure a good connection. That bundle pack will do nicely. Use both speakers in either the rear or front depending on where the blown speaker is. I would put two good stock speakers in the back and the new ones in the doors. You'll get the best sound that way.
I will have to try that. I hope that hooking up the speakers wont be hard. Because Im not smart when It comes to that. One thing I thought of was that I have a box that has two tens In the box as you can see on the first page. Would It be possible to cut out a bigger hole to fit two twelves In that box. I know there Is rules as far as space the subs cubic feet or a thing like that. This Is a trunk box though. I wonder If Its possible to do this or maybe It wont work because the depth etc of the box wasnt made for two twelves. Idk. Whats your thoughts.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:00 PM
2nd Gear member

This box Isnt the same as mine but looks close but a real picture of mine Is on the first page Amazon.com: Atrend B Box Series 10Cb Enclosure for 10-Inch Camaro/Trans AM 1994 and Up (Dual): Electronics .

Quick Reply: Who knows anything about wiring subwoofers.