Who knows anything about wiring subwoofers.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 06:27 PM
2nd Gear member

Yeah they are are you saying to push on them then listen but do you know what I mean about the tin sound.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:11 PM
2nd Gear member

Alright I havent tested the subs yet but I did check out walmart I found a 650 watt amp wire kit that was for a 400rms watt system two channel kit. I didnt buy the kit. Because I wasnt sure what the two channel was for. I am still wondering about this wierd sound on the sub when I tap It It sounds like tin or like It Isnt a solid like the other sub Is.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey, sorry for the late response. Just been busy working on some beauts at work.

Anyways, what I meant by securing your ground with three screws is this: Usually the end of the ground cable is a ring terminal type 'connector'. Drill one hole through that, then one on each side. This indefinitely will keep the ground from coming loose or moving. So when you have a sub problem, you'll know the ground is least likely the issue.

You can use an existing bolt if you want to, but I usually make my own ground if there's nothing near by.

And by 'sucker' I meant your sub resistance.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:27 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Spatfieya
Hey, sorry for the late response. Just been busy working on some beauts at work.

Anyways, what I meant by securing your ground with three screws is this: Usually the end of the ground cable is a ring terminal type 'connector'. Drill one hole through that, then one on each side. This indefinitely will keep the ground from coming loose or moving. So when you have a sub problem, you'll know the ground is least likely the issue.

You can use an existing bolt if you want to, but I usually make my own ground if there's nothing near by.

And by 'sucker' I meant your sub resistance.
Alright well I thought the terminal already had a hole on that. Are you saying to drill the car. Then put a bolt through those. Otherwise Im confused on what your saying lol.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:58 PM
2nd Gear member

Alright guys all I can find at walmart Is a eight guage kit. Will this work. Or will I need to find a four guage kit. Thanks. Walmart.com: Scosche 680W 8-Gauge Wiring Kit for Single Amps: Auto Electronics

Old 08-10-2011, 08:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 94ChevyCamaroV6
Alright guys all I can find at walmart Is a eight guage kit. Will this work. Or will I need to find a four guage kit. Thanks. Walmart.com: Scosche 680W 8-Gauge Wiring Kit for Single Amps: Auto Electronics
Yeah that will work fine. Not a big fan of scoshe's fuse holder though. Seen a few of those come in with the fuse holder it's self have a loose connection.

I'd opt to get kickers DCK8 amp kit. Best buy use to carry it, but it's being discontinued for some stupid reason.

Amazon.com: Kicker 09DCK8 D-Series 8AWG Amplifier Kit with 2-Channel Interconnects ROHS Compliant: Electronics

Old 08-10-2011, 09:22 PM
2nd Gear member

Yeah that will work fine. Not a big fan of scoshe's fuse holder though. Seen a few of those come in with the fuse holder it's self have a loose connection.

I'd opt to get kickers DCK8 amp kit. Best buy use to carry it, but it's being discontinued for some stupid reason.

Amazon.com: Kicker 09DCK8 D-Series 8AWG Amplifier Kit with 2-Channel Interconnects ROHS Compliant: Electronics
Well for twenty bucks cheaper I think I will get the walmart thing I can return It If anything lol. But do you think eight guage will be okay. People above said to get four guage. I was making sure.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:32 PM
1st Gear Member

It should hold up fine, it's just nice to have four gauge for if you decide to upgrade. However we run typically 8 gauge setups on our displays in my shop, and we run 1000w RMS kickers and Alpines on it all day with no problem. BUT I wouldn't bet your wallet or your system on it. If you upgrade your amp in the future, you'll have to run new wiring, might as well get it done the first time and not have to go do it over again. lol.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:23 PM
2nd Gear member

It should hold up fine, it's just nice to have four gauge for if you decide to upgrade. However we run typically 8 gauge setups on our displays in my shop, and we run 1000w RMS kickers and Alpines on it all day with no problem. BUT I wouldn't bet your wallet or your system on it. If you upgrade your amp in the future, you'll have to run new wiring, might as well get it done the first time and not have to go do it over again. lol.
Yeah I get what your saying but I couldnt find a walmart four gauge amp wiring kit at the store or online. I was looking to spend about thirty tops. Plus I think my sub that I bought Is blown because I hear a wierd sound that Isnt solid when I tap on the sub and I can hear air when I press down on the sub. A guy above talked about If I could hear air well yes I can Idk If thats bad or what.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Test it with a DMM/Voltmeter. Wal-mart has them for 14 dollars. Buy it, test the subs resistance. If it's no good, chuck it and go single, then install system.

Then take the DMM back to wal-mart and tell them it's a POS and you want your money back. :P

Quick Reply: Who knows anything about wiring subwoofers.