Who knows anything about wiring subwoofers.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 10:47 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Spatfieya
Test it with a DMM/Voltmeter. Wal-mart has them for 14 dollars. Buy it, test the subs resistance. If it's no good, chuck it and go single, then install system.

Then take the DMM back to wal-mart and tell them it's a POS and you want your money back. :P
Well Its only a two ten Inch setup In the first place one ten would be a crap setup. But I would get the voltmeter If I knew how to test the resistance lol. I am new to the audio world. If there was a youtube video you could find that would be nice thanks for your help.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 94ChevyCamaroV6
Well Its only a two ten Inch setup In the first place one ten would be a crap setup. But I would get the voltmeter If I knew how to test the resistance lol. I am new to the audio world. If there was a youtube video you could find that would be nice thanks for your help.
I'm sure there is a video on YT about how to use a DMM. Also check some of the help stickies. I'm sure they have one about audio.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:03 PM
2nd Gear member

I'm sure there is a video on YT about how to use a DMM. Also check some of the help stickies. I'm sure they have one about audio.
Yeah I tried looking. I am thinking I will buy one then have my mom return It and say her son used It once then hasnt used It anymore. But even If the voltmeter says that they arnt blown I think I will still hear that tin sound rattle when the subs are playing. Because If I can hear that little tin sound when I tap on It Im sure It will be heard when the subs are played which would be annoying.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah I tried looking. I am thinking I will buy one then have my mom return It and say her son used It once then hasnt used It anymore. But even If the voltmeter says that they arnt blown I think I will still hear that tin sound rattle when the subs are playing. Because If I can hear that little tin sound when I tap on It Im sure It will be heard when the subs are played which would be annoying.
I'd take the sub out if you haven't already and take a looksee. Had a guy come in the other day saying his Alpine type R was blown. I went and took a look. The sub kicked great, but there was a bad rattle sound. Turned out the sub split the box a little and the rattle was the box.

Not saying that's what it is, but there may be some out side forces making that noise.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:14 PM
2nd Gear member

I'd take the sub out if you haven't already and take a looksee. Had a guy come in the other day saying his Alpine type R was blown. I went and took a look. The sub kicked great, but there was a bad rattle sound. Turned out the sub split the box a little and the rattle was the box.

Not saying that's what it is, but there may be some out side forces making that noise.
I think Its the sub Itself though because when I tap on the sub right sub there Is a solid sound to the speaker like there should be. But when I tap on the left sub towards the top of the sub I hear like a echo like tin type sound like It Isnt the solid sound It should be like. I could post a video on youtube tomarrow If you wanted would you check that out. Who knows though I think If anything I will still hear that sound.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:07 AM
1st Gear Member

I think Its the sub Itself though because when I tap on the sub right sub there Is a solid sound to the speaker like there should be. But when I tap on the left sub towards the top of the sub I hear like a echo like tin type sound like It Isnt the solid sound It should be like. I could post a video on youtube tomarrow If you wanted would you check that out. Who knows though I think If anything I will still hear that sound.
Yeah do that. I can even run it by my master tech I work with and see what he thinks.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:22 AM
2nd Gear member

Yeah do that. I can even run it by my master tech I work with and see what he thinks.
Alright thanks there man. I have been looking online for a four gauge amp wiring kit. I cant seem to find anything for like thirty bucks. Would you know where I could get a kit for like thirty bucks with the terminals already connected that would be nice.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Alright thanks there man. I have been looking online for a four gauge amp wiring kit. I cant seem to find anything for like thirty bucks. Would you know where I could get a kit for like thirty bucks with the terminals already connected that would be nice.
Not that I know of. Could try browsing amazon and see whatcha find. I think home depot has wires on spools, could just pick up connectors and a fuse block then get the wires from them. But I don't know what they charge or if they even carry wires on spools. Just stuff from word of mouth. But it might be worth checking out.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:13 PM
2nd Gear member

Not that I know of. Could try browsing amazon and see whatcha find. I think home depot has wires on spools, could just pick up connectors and a fuse block then get the wires from them. But I don't know what they charge or if they even carry wires on spools. Just stuff from word of mouth. But it might be worth checking out.
The video Is uploading should be live In about a hour an a half I will post the link.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:49 PM
2nd Gear member

Quick Reply: Who knows anything about wiring subwoofers.