Project L36 Sleeper

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 10:53 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
Trying to spank Tease's twin turbo 3800 are we? ;-)
Sure isn't cheap if ya want to get there...
Hell no man, lol. She's gonna run 10's as soon as she can get the cam bolt to stay tight, hah. You want to talk expensive, she's no really mechanically inclined. One of her earliest posts on ftv6 were something to the extent of "I dropped it off at the shop, and told them I don't want it back until it can run 10's". My guess is there's $20k+ in that thing by now, and it's still breaking/not running right.

Originally Posted by 6.5 Detroit TD
wow, all i have got to say again is, props to you for this project.

i checking into snow for my diesels, but ended up going with a different brand off e-bay that still gave me a progressive digital boost controller. cant be tied into my EGT's, boost, or MAP.

running 30% methanol/ 70% water i was spraying through a 750CC injector at 250PSI. it would start spraying at 8 psi and be going full bore at 12 psi. in a 7,000 lb truck, you could literally feel the methanol hitting the engine.
I'm still educating myself on the meth yet, my plan was to run snow's ready made boost juice until I get this nightmare figured out. It's one less thing I have to mess with, plus the mix will be so much more consistent being pre-made, the tune should be spot on with it at all times. I wasn't going to run meth originally, but I'm scared to death about chipping a piston (stupid thin ring lands). It's more for protection, not to have a reason to push it harder.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:28 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

damn i just spent like 2 hrs reading this and now im sad its over

Old 08-31-2010, 10:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MusicMan
heh, I nearly wet my pants when I came home and saw the box on the porch today. Inside was a particular breed of snail that I ordered about 2 weeks ago.

thats quite a nice unit you got there music

Old 09-01-2010, 08:21 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

lol, this thread is kind of all over the place. I changed my mind so many times before picking a power adder, yeesh.

No progress to report, say for I'm working on dropping the engine. This will probably grind to a stop for a while, since I quit my job the other day (not getting into it)

And I'm selling my painted pacesetter headers, $130 shipped, they're boxed up and ready to roll. PM me.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Overdrive Member

^ Ouch, quit a job -- in this economy?

I think it's really great to see V6 performance projects -- obviously there are a lot more for V8s...

PS: Tease didn't want to reveal how much $ she dropped on her evil twin 3800, but I think you might be in the ballpark...

Old 09-01-2010, 08:51 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

I have my reasons for it, but this isn't the MusicMan Soap Opera network.

And tease told us the cost she had into it a long time back, so I'm about as close as anyone will get.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:29 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

fish are biting on the willapa. come on up and you can change my gears and go fishing at the same time. guy at the shop wants 300 bucks to do it so thats what its worth to me. anyways yah so are you staying with the latest plan? heck your gona miss all the good weather for the car at the track.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:09 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Man, I'd love some fishing, especially good fishing. I might make a trade for some fishing and cookin afterwords. And tell me about missing the weather, it sucks. I should be done though before PIR closes, if all goes as planned. It won't be full power until next season, but it will be running really mild boost soon.

Speaking of which, just got the engine out. Went so much better being the second time I've done this. Just gotta get the crank out, fix it, put the engine back together, and put it in with the g-force trans. Then start bolting parts on.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:42 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

lol i figured you were getting track fever by now. gotta have that rush. were finishing up with crabbing now so between that and coachin soccer im really short on time so sport fishing will have to wait till after the 15th.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:39 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

So I haven't touched the engine yet, heck, I haven't even looked at it since I pulled it out. Shows my drive for this project. The complexity of it is kinda crazy, I've force fed my head so much new info in the last month that it hurts, lol.

So, what I'm doing is widely claimed as impossible, running 11's with a v6 f-body that still has a T5 in it. If I do it, I'll be the first that anyone knows of.

Speaking of T5, my g-force built t5 came today finally. I've got every part to make a running car now. Just need motivation...

Quick Reply: Project L36 Sleeper