Project L36 Sleeper

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Overdrive Member
Well they ARE being sold today... Yes it is too bad they don't have a matching Y-Pipe... Of course, they are the only game for 3.8L Long Tubes, except custom fab...

Originally Posted by MusicMan
I'm not interested in the LT headers, I'm sick of trying to deal with FFF's bull crap customer service. Those headers were ordered by people on FTV6 over a year ago, and they STILL haven't released them yet. Plus they're incomplete, it's over $700 for just headers, no Y pipe. Pass.

In other news, the maro developed some kind of squeak, and I can't track it down. Spindles seem fine, pulleys are fine, brakes look good. Not sure where it's coming from, but the rotors are worn past spec, so I'll do a brake job today or tomorrow.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Overdrive Member

Post some pics of your true duals setup -- would love to see it.

TIA

Originally Posted by evilkal
Eh I wouldn't want a Y-Pipe anyhow =P Going true duals here lol. Good point though

Old 03-08-2010, 03:19 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

sounds like u been having fun. u think the weather will let u out in a couple weeks. sure sucks. cant seem to get more than a hour of sun before it starts raining. cold to. lol. im a woose. so is there some sodd on the inside your wheel from spinning out or u think it just wacked it out a tadd.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:37 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by craby
sounds like u been having fun. u think the weather will let u out in a couple weeks. sure sucks. cant seem to get more than a hour of sun before it starts raining. cold to. lol. im a woose. so is there some sodd on the inside your wheel from spinning out or u think it just wacked it out a tadd.
Not sure on the alignment yet, haven't had time to look at it close. Hoping the weather stays nice, I've been wanting to hit the drags with this thing since forever ago it seems. With the locker and spohn torque arm, I'm going to abuse this thing. To a certain extent for now at least, my clutch will probably kick the can with how I like to work it. I power shift when I'm running hard, that's hard on the components.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:57 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

i picked up a spohn torque arm with the driveline loop too. it was a major pita to get the thing in there. it doesnt like the kooks crossover, it sets up in there to far for the loop and is up against it hard. i think this car will kick some but if i can get the trany working right. cant get it to pull good at low rpms so as is the hole shot would suck and my rpms would be max all the time.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:03 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Well, I have sad news. The American Racing TTM's are gone. I sold them and took a partial trade for some stock size polished wheels with toyo proxis tires on them. Reason being I came across a deal on some 4.10 gear and a locker local, and a girdle cover to boot. My 4.10 summit gears were toast, howling like crazy. I've been rolling on my stock drum rear end for the past couple weeks while I rebuild the disk rear. It's all done, goes in Thursday. Also bought a larger pulley for my tensioner, belt was a little too slack and was having a relationship with the alternator. Also thinking about pulling my carpet for some light stuff, still stewing on how un-street friendly I want to make this thing. Hoping to hit the track this coming Saturday for the club bracket race, but I'd also like to go Friday night to do a lot of WOT tuning if I can make it. I also have a ported oil filter neck with a blocked bypass valve on the way, better oiling for my little motor, picked up a Wix filter for an S10 today to put on it when it comes, longer than the stocker, fits great too. Since my AC is gone, I'm also converting to a FWD filter neck that will point the filter down.

"new" wheels, aren't they skinny?

Name:  DSCN0211.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  105.5 KB
Name:  DSCN0212.jpg
Size:  111.1 KB

locker installed

Name:  0313001320.jpg
Size:  85.0 KB

Current belt setup with a larger tensioner pulley, hope it solves my problem *fingers crossed*

Name:  0315001401.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  120.2 KB

Old 03-15-2010, 09:00 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

well that sucks, i really like those wheels and tires. looked kill. so u goin for the sleeper look. lol....probly kinda hard to fool anyone with the way it sounds. u should send me those mud flaps now sence u dont need em. lol. what happened to makin the stainless ones? i was gonna buy a set from u. i dont know if ull get good weather or not. not supposed to rain but who knows. good luck, hopin the trany holds now eh?

Old 03-16-2010, 01:20 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

I actually got attached to my splash guards, they work too dang well for me to take them off, lol. It's nice to drive in this crazy oregon rain, get to my destination, and that section of bumper is dry. Also keeps the rubber and junk off when I do necessary/un-necessary burnouts I did actually make a few sets, but they took forever to sell, and I took a loss on the last ones. I made mine out of aluminum, since it's light and flexes a little without harm. I can make ya a set if you really want some, they're just held on with 3m molding tape (strong stuff), I painted mine with a textured paint.

The tranny should be good for the power I'm making, even more so with the torque arm off it now not trying to break the tail housing. I'm more concerned about my clutch to be honest, it's gonna be the first to die on me. I'm hoping it'll last until summer when I can afford to replace it with a good one.

Old 03-24-2010, 04:11 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Rear end is ready to back under now. Soon as I get my WOT tuning wrapped up (easier with the 3.23 gears), I'll put this rear end back under the car. Then it's off to the track to fish for 13's NA. Haven't had it on the track this year yet, I've been itching to run it since November when I put her away

Oh, and it has a name now, Lil Teal Rasp Mobile. I just call it the rasp mobile for short usually.

Pics

Name:  0324001246a.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  95.7 KB

Name:  0318001749a.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  108.3 KB

Old 03-24-2010, 05:56 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

i like the looks of the back cover. good luck on the weather next weekend. not supposed to be nice. but then weatherman is never right.

Quick Reply: Project L36 Sleeper