Project L36 Sleeper

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 07:54 PM
I dont like my title

we cant let this die its the best thread on the site so much work and progress update us on all and anything going on man plans for it the works.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:08 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

its nice here so hes probly still at the track. thats if he got it ready in time. wonder what busted. lol

Old 02-20-2010, 08:22 PM
I dont like my title

hahaha hopefully nothing but i read some where he was going off the limiter from the tree so it might not be a good night lol.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:21 PM
4th Gear Member

I bet money on the clutch or 2nd gear

Old 02-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I thought 3rd gear was the weak link on the T5? Besides I don't think his clutch has enough grab to trash the T5. There are several guys running stag 3 clutchs with as much HP as Musicmans has and their t5s are hanging in there. The stock clutchs are a real weak point. I'll bet he is slipping the clutch when he is in his power band.

Hey Musicman is your rear from a LT1 or a LS1?

Old 02-22-2010, 04:50 AM
4th Gear Member

Well when he said he was gonna launch off the rev limiter... That would trash it in a hurry haha. I think his rear came from an LT1 IIRC.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:55 AM

salmon are stacking up at Bonneville, go snag a few. wrong bearings is a bummer. yah i think im in the same boat as u cept about a yr behind. outa bucks sucks. lol i just about have everything i need for the new motor. heads and intake are done should be here next week, cam is here, need lifters, push rods and rockers and should be about done with parts for the motor. then i have to save for the trany and converter, headers and exhaust, then ill do the big change.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:15 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

go away spammer u are not wanted here.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:01 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Under control. mmmwwwaaaahhhhaaaahhhhaaaaa.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:24 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Never made it to the track, still runs bad up top about 5500-6500. Need to work on the tune. But my rear decided to start screaming at me when I put the torque arm on, those summit gears came back to bite. So I sold my Torque Thrusts today, took a partial trade on some polished 16" wheels with toyo proxis tires. Bought a rear end with a powertrax locker, 4.10 gears, and a girdle/ aluminum cover. All used, best I could do though. Gonna try to put it all in next weekend or the weekend after.

Also bent something in the alignment, went to do some touring laps at PIR for the FOPIR event. Started pushing it really hard on the corners, and finally broke it loose on the chicane in turn 2. Lost control of it, over corrected, and started sliding with all 4 wheels locked up straight for the tire wall. This was with the 275's and 315's tires still mind you, I wasn't going slow. Stopped in the grass just in front of the tires, then crapped my pants, lol. Needs an alignment now, something is off.

Right now it's got the stock drum rear back under it so I can enjoy it still while I mend the other rear end. Gonna hit the ground running though, I've got an itching right foot. This summer I'm going to get a spec aluminum flywheel and spec stage 3 clutch, reinforce the t5 some too. It most likely won't get boosted yet, thinking about taking care of the weak points first. Instead of buying boost parts, I'll be buying things like a pile of stronger t5 parts, clutch, flywheel, and greg weld wheels all around with some et street slicks if I like how it runs with the slicks I have now. Then if I have money left over, I'll start gathering parts for boost, like headgaskets, cam, etc. Long process, but I'm going to do it right.

Quick Reply: Project L36 Sleeper