The "Slow but Steady" '78 Project Build

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

The terminal strips just make a good way to terminate multiple relays so if there's a problem it's easy to troubleshoot with each set of 4 terminations being the same for each relay. Plus the common ground to tie them all to one ground point.

Old 09-28-2013, 09:42 AM
Overdrive Member

I have esentially the same thing. Mine are four terminal strips but have fuses in there so i dont have to have to wire one in later. I need to do one for the grounds though. I think I am going to get the wiring done today and I'll do something like what you have.

Old 10-13-2013, 01:18 PM
3rd Gear Member

At long last I've just about finished up the bottom of the Camaro. Have the POR coats on, just waiting for a few more degrees of temp to spray the color on there!

Attached Thumbnails The "Slow but Steady" '78 Project Build-dscn3522.jpg   The "Slow but Steady" '78 Project Build-dscn3596.jpg   The "Slow but Steady" '78 Project Build-dscn3529.jpg   The "Slow but Steady" '78 Project Build-dscn3555.jpg   The "Slow but Steady" '78 Project Build-dscn3597.jpg  

Old 10-14-2013, 10:12 AM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Nice looking! I've been wondering if you were still forging ahead, so glad to see the updates!

Old 10-14-2013, 06:38 PM
3rd Gear Member

Appreciate it Vall, sllooowww and (somewhat) steady. I got a bit sidetracked for a couple of weeks with a Wyoming hunting trip. I won't get into details there but let's just say I shoulda stayed home and made progress on the Camaro. I got the first coat of color on the bottom and firewall today, lookin' better and better! I REALLY need to go and buy a decent respirator, think the inside of my lungs are now metallic! Those cheapo masks just don't work and I'll be smelling paint fumes for a month now but I'm almost completely done with the bottom. Here's a couple more pics from today.

Attached Thumbnails The "Slow but Steady" '78 Project Build-dscn3652.jpg   The "Slow but Steady" '78 Project Build-dscn3658.jpg   The "Slow but Steady" '78 Project Build-dscn3660.jpg   The "Slow but Steady" '78 Project Build-dscn3661.jpg   The "Slow but Steady" '78 Project Build-dscn3662.jpg  

Old 10-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Very nice! I skipped hunting this year. First time in over 35 years I didn't go. We had such torrential rains here that I couldn't imagine trekking around in it, or that any deer would be out in it either.
I have an inexpensive HF dust/paint mask that has replaceable canisters and a rubber form fitting mask. I use it whenever I get into really ugly stuff that I want to make sure I don't inhale! They accept all the major filters, so easy to get replacements. I sure was happy to have it when I cleaned up the mouse nests in my Falcon project!
P95 Maintenance-Free Dual Cartridge Respirator - Large

Old 10-15-2013, 11:42 AM
3rd Gear Member

This was my first time back to Wyoming in 15 years, and I wanted to go and redeem myself after the last time. Wrong year to go. Apparently the mule deer population in that part of the state has been decimated by drought last year and diseases. The game and fish dept. neglected to mention that in the hunting manual. It was a complete waste of time and money. Now, if I had an antelope tag I would've been set. Had a trophy class buck at 50 yards and all I could do is take pics of it. It's not my style of hunting out there anyway, too much darn walking up massive hills! I knew there was a reason why I hadn't been back in so long. LOL

I've had that same respirator in my "cart" 3 different times Vall. Each time when I got to checkout they were either backordered or out of that size (M or L.) I'd like to get this last coat on today with the temps still in the 60's so I might run up to Tractor Supply and get ripped off on one of theirs. The damage has most likely already been done however, after grinding all that rust and dirt off the bottom and all the painting already done, there's probably no hope for me at this point. Thanks again for the nice comments sir. Do you happen to know where I can find a new circuit breaker for on the firewall by the fuse box bulkhead? Would like to throw a new one on there after making everything else look nice.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:30 PM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by 78 on my plate
Do you happen to know where I can find a new circuit breaker for on the firewall by the fuse box bulkhead? Would like to throw a new one on there after making everything else look nice.
If you're not concerned about keeping the circuit breaker original, then I'd go with a new inline style that's resettable. There's a guy on Fleabay who sells these for under $20, and free shipping.
Absolute USA ICB 80 80 Amp AGU Fuse Holder with Built in Circuit Breaker | eBay

Old 10-15-2013, 08:51 PM
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the link, I have one or two of those in my box of stereo equipment actually. Not sure how something like that would work though? Those type usually are made for 4 gauge and bigger wire. Think I might just go with a more oe type of circuit breaker. I actually found one on ebay (also found the same thing you posted for under $12) that looks very similar to the stock one. New Metal Automatic Reset Circuit Breaker 20 Amp with Bracket from Ends 12 Volt | eBay

I was actually hoping to get one that's more similar to stock anyway, and it's $4.75 with shipping. Unless there's a distinct advantage of the resettable over the automatic reset breakers? Again, appreciate the help, I searched Ebay yesterday and couldn't come up with what I found today after using your link.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:22 PM
3rd Gear Member

Decided to take a chance with the temperature and get the last coat of paint on tonight. A little cool and damp to be painting but it's on there now. Paint started to turn a dull whitish color on the front floor pans and I'll need to respray those. Think I have just enough paint left to hit those again tomorrow with the heater on it. Still have to hit the firewall with clear and I'm debating on doing the entire bottom with it as well. Gone this far. Feels good to have it painted but now it makes me wish the rest of the body looked as good as the bottom! Haven't had much time to practice with the new welder yet but hopefully soon enough I can start working with that and get ready for some patch panels. Anyway, here's a couple last pics of the cleaned, POR'd and painted underside of the Camaro, at long last.

Attached Thumbnails The "Slow but Steady" '78 Project Build-wp_20131015_006.jpg   The "Slow but Steady" '78 Project Build-wp_20131015_011.jpg   The "Slow but Steady" '78 Project Build-wp_20131015_027.jpg   The "Slow but Steady" '78 Project Build-wp_20131015_035.jpg   The "Slow but Steady" '78 Project Build-dscn3522.jpg  

Quick Reply: The "Slow but Steady" '78 Project Build