79 Camaro Project

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Overdrive Member

I work third, at this point summer is an inconvience. I did rig up a makeshift waterslide for the kids though. Took a small 6 foot pool and set it up with the slide from the swing set sitting in it. Then clamped the garden hose to the top. Can't get them out of it. LOL I might get crazy and rig a pump so it recycles pool water.

Old 08-29-2010, 12:53 AM

Just read the whole post in one sitting while playing poker on Full Tilt lol

Tons of info and job well done.

Starting a minor restoration on a 1979 z28 with my nephew. Gonna start a thread to show the fron end rebuilding. Hopefully Some of your experience comes in handy. Thanks for the posts.

Old 08-29-2010, 01:04 AM
Overdrive Member

Welcome. I think he took the summer off and isn't working on the car.

Old 08-29-2010, 01:10 AM

yeah...saw that at the end. I went and saw the first post to see how long its taken him so far and after doign that much in just a few months....time off is a good thing.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:51 PM
ATM
3rd Gear Member

I'll get back on it again. This new job is killing me. Alot of overtime, and high expectations for production. Money is over twice what I made before though. I'd say that the winter should settle things down a bit. I'm hoping to go full tilt again then. I really don't have far to go til I get to the bodywork stages. I have a bit of catching up to do on our finances and then I can start looking for a mig welder and begin putting some panels in. Another crash course, I've really got no experience welding.

At least the car hasn't become a storage area yet, there is still nothing stacked on top of it.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by ATM

At least the car hasn't become a storage area yet, there is still nothing stacked on top of it.
Been there, done that! Mine sat for over 10 yrs. with stuff piled on it until my wife said, "Either get rid of it, or get it running!"

Old 09-02-2010, 09:36 PM
July 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

My 78 is being used for storage, but it's filled with camaro parts so that's not that bad lol.

Old 09-03-2010, 05:03 AM
Overdrive Member

Steve! Whats up buddy. I feel you on the OT and high production demands. We've been killing ourselves at work. We just launched new parts for the Volt, Fiesta, and the Jetta. All new work on top of the other work we have and they still haven't brought many people back from the giant layoff 2yrs ago.

Old 09-03-2010, 04:53 PM
ATM
3rd Gear Member

This is my birthday weekend, and plus it is Labor Day Weekend. Hopefully I'll get to playing in the garage sometime. It's going to be a beautiful weekend weather wise too. Plus my wife is off all three days of it with me for once. I'm hoping that this winter will get the car on the road. I'm a foreman though, so the OT may never go away. I'm always going to the shop early or after work getting stuff, or going after work and looking at other jobs or something. But all in all I'm happy with it. My last job I basically was free all the time and was bored out of my mind.

I've also still got to get that sway bar on and get some pics up. Seems like I'll need to get some weight in the back though to get it to work. It doesn't seem like it's a straight up bolt in with no trunk lid, glass or interior.

Old 09-03-2010, 05:09 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

Originally Posted by ATM
Been taking a break to do some research. Since this is my first rodeo, I felt that I was probably wasting a bit of time deciding how to do things so I am reading a few restoration books. I did take some time to photoshop the color scheme I want for the car though. Opinions? I am sort of not liking it.
You stole my car lol, looks just like mine and i love it btw, and sorry i dont mean to hijakc anything or be an idiot, but just figured this thread had alot of traffic, DONT FORGET ABOUT ME GUYS, IM NOT A 4th GEN GUY ANYMORE, MY 79 WILL BE HOME SOON!!!!!, sorry continue =]

Last edited by DarkKnight; 12-02-2010 at 09:49 PM.

Quick Reply: 79 Camaro Project