New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Should have bought another Camaro..

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Default Should have bought another Camaro..

Hello all, i am a former Camaro owner and am regretting not being one reciently.

Heres the story, I grew up around Muscle Cars, mostly Trans Ams though. i bought a 98 Camaro with the 3.8 v6 and 4 speed auto, with only 54,000 miles when i was 15, almost 16. Bought it from a elderly woman who bought it new in 98. I wanted the ls1 so bad but i just could not pass up the deal given the condition and options it had.

Anyways took almost a year to finsih paying the little i had left to pay off and then i started upgrading. I know many said it would not be worth it but it was to me just because i want to be different, i wanted to be able to role with the stock v8 boys and still have a v6. so anyways upgrades came: full slp cold air induction with slp air box with k&n, Magnaflow highflow cat then dumped after the axle(suprisingly sounded good for the v6, until you got to 4,000rpm), Had a guy port and polish my intake since there isnt much aftermarket for the 3.8l, Taylor plugs and wires, Posi'd the rear, had a mild cam but never installed, hot cam i think...ect anyways i was basically getting it set up for a supercharger. this was my insperation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK5pYVBcZ2I

Well of course being in highschool i was a little reckless with it but loved every minute of it (espically when a mustang pullled up haha) and it didnt matter too much because i worked at a body shop so if i did do some bad damage i could fix it. well then came graduation and left my mark on the school parking lot then went off to college at GA Southern. after a couple weeks into school the day came when carelessness got the best of me. i was cruising down the highway doing about 55 when traffic came to a complete stop, well when traffic stoped i was looking for my phone on the passenger floor and did not notice it had stoped. well i slammed on my brakes but i was to late, ran underneath the Truck infront of me. Blew the air bags, shattered the windshield, pushed the engine back a bit..ect. needless to say it totaled but i got to save most of the bolt on things i put into it, and some other interior things.

So while looking for another vehicle i got a 99 wrangler sport, it has been about 6 months since then and i am missing the Camaro, i want another one so bad, dont get me wrong i love the Jeep, but i miss being to just go fast whenever i wanted. My next purchase will deff be another Camaro, either a 67 to restore or a Lt.2 5th gen. although i really dont wanna be in dept, espically during college.

Anyways hope this encourages any of you planing on selling your Camaro haha. great site by the way!

I attached some Pics of my old baby..

Attached Thumbnails Should have bought another Camaro..-camaro-3.jpg   Should have bought another Camaro..-my-jeep-2.jpg   Should have bought another Camaro..-camaro-2.jpg  
Old 03-07-2010, 06:52 PM
2nd Gear member

Welcome to the forum. That was a nice car. Good luck in the future as you look for another one.