New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

New Guy Here! i have a pontiac though

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Default New Guy Here! i have a pontiac though

I know i drive a 2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 but i decided to join this for two reasons. first i am also a camaro ethusiast. Second when I was do my research on the sail panel problem for 99-02 fbodies i found this website.
i would like to share i am starting up a joint complaint on the matter and if any fellow fbody owners would like to join private message me on here or ls1tech.com i also have a thread going on there
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/paint-...l#post13848709

Old 09-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Ya good luck with that. If it aint a saftey item you zero chance of getting anywhere. Heck GM had the paint falling off 2 year old Suburbans back in early 90s. There was a huge class action law suit. 10s of thousands of people. It took years to get thru the court. When it was done GM agreed to extend the warranty to 5 years 100,000 miles. Only problem was the 5 years was already up so the only people that saw a dime where the people had their trucks repainted for this reason at a GM dealership while it was in warranty and paid the cash. They got refund. To the best of my knowledge none of the pissed off customer at my dealership paid the dealer price for a paint job. The only ones that made any money where the lawyers.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:12 PM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

The WS6 is my dream car! Welcome aboard.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM

Welcome!

Old 09-10-2010, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Gorn
Ya good luck with that. If it aint a saftey item you zero chance of getting anywhere. Heck GM had the paint falling off 2 year old Suburbans back in early 90s. There was a huge class action law suit. 10s of thousands of people. It took years to get thru the court. When it was done GM agreed to extend the warranty to 5 years 100,000 miles. Only problem was the 5 years was already up so the only people that saw a dime where the people had their trucks repainted for this reason at a GM dealership while it was in warranty and paid the cash. They got refund. To the best of my knowledge none of the pissed off customer at my dealership paid the dealer price for a paint job. The only ones that made any money where the lawyers.
i hear what you are saying but in research i have only seen individuals sue or take it to BBB. if i can get a number of us together we may have an chance. i dont understand why people think autosafety.org only does safety issues, which they dont. there is a class action suit against manufacturers for creating a monoply on keys having chips inside them and it got started with autosafety.org

Old 09-10-2010, 10:15 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Its not that I think Autosafety only does saftey. Its because saftey issues are PR issues. Cosmedic issue are not. GMs warranty is very clear on what it covers and how long it is covered. The only time GM settles this stuff is when they are worried about bad press or pissing off customers. Most of GMs customers buy new cars every 2-4 years. These are the people they want to keep happy. You think they are going to spend money on a issue on a car the discontinued almost 10 years ago? Not without a huge fight. It would set too much of a pesident. GM issue anywhere from 3-15 service builtins a week. Every builtin for the last 15 year would become a lawsuit? You think this is a real issue? I have seen builtins for wrong size piston installed in motors, main bearing failure caused by at the factory belt tension setting process even incorrect drive line angle from new. None of these items got any extended help over warranty. I'll bet there are untold number of cars that went to junk yard way before they should have, less then10 years, just for those 3 builtins. Like I said good luck with your sail panel.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:39 AM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome and good luck.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:02 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

sail problem? ive had 2 camaros and alot of my friends have fbodys... never had a problem