Engine & Internal Cams, heads, valvetrain, rotating assemblies. Chat about beefing up your insides here.

LSX World Warhawk Build Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 04:47 AM
Default LSX World Warhawk Build Questions

Hi guys just wondering if anyone have done a LSX build with a World Warhawk block and a 4.125 stroke?

My questions are what did you do for a windage tray?
An LS1 windage tray hits and I tried spacing it down with washers and to get it down enough it hits the sump.

Is there a windage tray out there that clears the rods but also clears a factory LS1 Camaro rear hump sump?

Old 11-29-2011, 07:06 AM
August 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by GAMEOVA
Hi guys just wondering if anyone have done a LSX build with a World Warhawk block and a 4.125 stroke?

My questions are what did you do for a windage tray?
An LS1 windage tray hits and I tried spacing it down with washers and to get it down enough it hits the sump.

Is there a windage tray out there that clears the rods but also clears a factory LS1 Camaro rear hump sump?
most of the time, you can get away with putting a couple 3/8ths washers in there, that does the trick, we've used 2-3 with no issue, just make sure to check the clearance of the pickup vs the pan, we use clay, like you're claying a motor.

if not, GMPP makes windage trays for stroker motors

Page 211 of the 2011 GMPP catalog.

For the 4.000" stroke windage tray: 19244049
For the 4.125" stroke windage tray: 19202609
For the 4.200" stroke windage tray: 19244051

hope this helps

Also, just for my own curiosity, why a warhawk block? There seems to be other options out there.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Cheeks
most of the time, you can get away with putting a couple 3/8ths washers in there, that does the trick, we've used 2-3 with no issue, just make sure to check the clearance of the pickup vs the pan, we use clay, like you're claying a motor.

if not, GMPP makes windage trays for stroker motors

Page 211 of the 2011 GMPP catalog.

For the 4.000" stroke windage tray: 19244049
For the 4.125" stroke windage tray: 19202609
For the 4.200" stroke windage tray: 19244051

hope this helps

Also, just for my own curiosity, why a warhawk block? There seems to be other options out there.
Sweet. Thanks for the info. Good to know about GMPP doing them as well. I spaced it and chopped a bit out of it and it does fit now.

Is there something wrong with a warhawk? I thought they were the thing to go for? Don't get as much info in Australia as you guys would see. What other brand block are the ones to go for that are alloy?

Old 11-29-2011, 07:53 AM
August 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by GAMEOVA
Sweet. Thanks for the info. Good to know about GMPP doing them as well. I spaced it and chopped a bit out of it and it does fit now.

Is there something wrong with a warhawk? I thought they were the thing to go for? Don't get as much info in Australia as you guys would see. What other brand block are the ones to go for that are alloy?

Not a problem and welcome to the forums!!

Like I said, just make sure you have the pickup spaced correctly in the pan, otherwise you can have issues.

There is nothing at all wrong with the warhawk, its just funny because I've personally seen 2-3 of those in the last month or two, I didn't know if they had a sale on them or if I was missing something?

There aren't too many options at this point for LSX blocks, you have the warhawk and lsx (gmpp) blocks outside of those you have the RHS block which is a bad *****!! But you're talking 4500+ dollars for it (probably double for you guys down there). A lot of the bigger guys are starting to go to those for the bigger cube 450+ ci builds and having a lot of luck with them. I'll be interested in seeing how yours does. Locally we have a 433ci LSX being built with a warhawk block, no numbers yet, but its going in a full weight firebird so we'll see how it goes. Keep us or even just me posted!!

Old 11-29-2011, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Cheeks
Not a problem and welcome to the forums!!

Like I said, just make sure you have the pickup spaced correctly in the pan, otherwise you can have issues.

There is nothing at all wrong with the warhawk, its just funny because I've personally seen 2-3 of those in the last month or two, I didn't know if they had a sale on them or if I was missing something?

There aren't too many options at this point for LSX blocks, you have the warhawk and lsx (gmpp) blocks outside of those you have the RHS block which is a bad *****!! But you're talking 4500+ dollars for it (probably double for you guys down there). A lot of the bigger guys are starting to go to those for the bigger cube 450+ ci builds and having a lot of luck with them. I'll be interested in seeing how yours does. Locally we have a 433ci LSX being built with a warhawk block, no numbers yet, but its going in a full weight firebird so we'll see how it goes. Keep us or even just me posted!!
Mine made 730hp on the engine dyno. 440ci with 10.2:1 comp and 91 octane with a 850 holley and 1 3/4" headers on it. Since it got delivered I'm just putting the sump and intake on (FAST LSXR with 102 TB) and trying to get it in the car. Should go good in the car that only weighs 2000lb.