Camaro Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the forums here.

Specter/Slvr = Care to Join Me?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Overdrive Member

Originally Posted by adirtypoostick
How is there any pressure if the engine is off?
The 14.7 psi he keeps referring to is atmospheric pressure (that which surrounds you) at sea level.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:39 PM
1st Gear Member
Location: IN, or hell whichever, wait, its too cold to be hell

Originally Posted by 02StanGT
The 14.7 psi he keeps referring to is atmospheric pressure (that which surrounds you) at sea level.
SEE! SEE! I completely understand this! That is how you teach someone ladies and gentlemen! I never would have considered atmospheric pressure though. Really dont see what that had to do with anything still but, I know what atmospheric pressure is. Seriously, thanks for explaining that. I doubt I would have understood if he told me.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Ninja Administrator

is it 14.7? that sounds very coincidental for AFR. i thought it was higher than that

Old 04-02-2009, 07:56 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Originally Posted by PAzYearazzUP

1. I am an intake stroke and I accelerate on the down stroke wicked fast. That means the air is moving fast as I sucked on the intake stroke, upon closing, I will capture more air before the valve closes.

2. I am an intake stroke and I accelerate on the down stroke and stop at bottom dead center. I stopped any rushing air coming in and it will stop soon. So, I am more or less stopped air as if the engine was turned off.

3. I am an intake stroke and I am on the way up and will meet the compression stroke way before the intake valve closes. But I am flying up quick on the up stroke, so I am going to push air out before the valve closes.

Which is the correct answer?
I really really want to know the question. Tell me the question and I will answer it.
even if I am not wanted to play I wll .

Old 04-02-2009, 08:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cplthomas
This is fun. I like this guy. Can I pee lay too?
I found that if you close one eye all the way and take off your left shoe its alot easier to understand the words.
69 is out, Tommy is INN! OH cpl, you pee lay nice with everyone. Once I knew thomas read with his left shew off and his red eye closed, I knew we were going to be lovers!

Poop Sick Kill said:
How is there any pressure if the engine is off?
I hear you. You need to burn this into your brain because you are being fed too much data. The K&N is the example we are going to drive people nuts with.

The word IS, will no longer be used. Because you brought up a lot of very good questions, we can start snowballing some tech now. So, I said there where more than 12 variables to the basics. You should now be up with me as to how you have 3 basics you die with at the side of the road and they ARE:

1. Fuel - Has A BTU burn rate and can be measured in a pound of fuel is light it and keep counting is pound for pound is the set number. We are in "Concept Mode" not math mode where you need the get out the calc and show me a technically correct number? Do it if you want. I do not know why you need to if I control the abstract. Do not bring in any numbers. We stick with my numbers, my abstract. I am going to pull 1 number out of the hat and that is our 4th variable of way more than 12 base [sicks] I would like for us to be on the same page with so K&N is understood.

2. Spark - Comes in any color. You sniff out a spark, that is one thing. You bring color to the the center to side electrode, I am going to ask you to hold that spark plug lead and I am going to turn the key is tell me which color it is? IS we now worried about color? I did not say that eye and an S was it? You must be on drugs is look, I even said you are on drugs! I did not use is < Inn a sentence. Got that? It never happend in this post. You are delusional.

3. Compression - Is hold dit inn if you can! I sure can't stop laughing!

4. The mighty "1ATMO" IS going to drown out 'is' for cry ING out loud, loan me a hank key, I am going to stop using 14.7 Pea Yes Eye see you do not want to have a number concept to think out of the box. Well you better have one before the night is over. >>> 1Atmo = 14.7psi. <<< Means the same thing.

PooSea said: How is a K&N a restriction?
The stock OEM air cleaner can capture tiny microns of dirt. The K&N's pleats are more spread apart, so you might think that there can be more microns can pass thru because the pleat is less restrictive. Therefore, we see the OEM air cleaner as the restriction to what we want to conceptualize is a faster speed in the gulp of the intake stroke. Remember, do not mix my technical number of the 1Atmo be confused with your technical suck of the stroke.

My stroke is that number 2. That means, if I see the piston at BDC (bottom dead center), no matter what degree, my 1Atmo is singing one number on the close. I have no clue what number you picked for the qualifer 4 is for the 4th-Stroke.

So, you must be using your abstract of confusion is how come I am not confused if I have my base number to fall back on? You come up short each time you try to qualify how we work the fuel to air ratio.

If I run that crank 360° as slow as lightening and that means one crank degree after the other. What atmospheric pressure is in that cylinder if I slow the crank until it closes the valve? If I turned the key off, placed a vacuum gauge around the exhaust pipe. Could I not measure that pipe with a dead engine? I sure can.

I can conclude in the absolute that I know the meter is zero'd out to 1 Atmosphere. So if there is any pressure either way, I am going to know. Why? Because the pipe and the gauge do not lie. It absolutely reads, 1Atmo.

Said the POO: why cant you just make sense?
Because you never chose any of the numbers, 1-2-3 to qualify just a guess, so you know YOU make sense. I have this stuff pretty much nailed. I have 4 variables covered. Have you made sense of the 1Atmo fill yet? Makes sense to me.

The Poo: Why am I trying to make sense of all of this? I swear my frontal lobe is cracked and on the verge of explosion.
You yourself said, "SIMPLIFY. Its not that hard and I still say you are the Riddler."

Riddle your way of this one!
How can you elevate up the grade, the telemetry is 0 to 5v, do you really think the sensors adjusted for your whack number or do you have another number for my bag of potato chips?

Every buy a bag of chips at sea level; ride up the mountain grade. Find the potato chip bag blew up and epanded because of less air the higher you go in elevation. That bag had 1Atmo inside at sea level.

That puffed up bag is filled with the same air it was made in = 14.7psi. What is the pressure inside the bag if it puffed up and expanded? Well, for me, that 1Atmo did not change one pressure. It is still filled with 14.7 pounds of air pressure. You just see it in a sealed bag.

Does the valve close on a 1Atmo cylinder charge time and time again? Yes it does. If it was a carb, same fuel woule fill the void of air. Did you change the jet to the carb? Then no change in fuel pull is same pull out of the jet hole is the 1Atmo proportion.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:18 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

can we just ban him and be over with it?

Old 04-02-2009, 08:27 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Ban him, he's done nothing but be an annoyance, and has proven that he is of zero benefit to our community. As stupid and confusing as his posts are, he's done little but proven to be a troll.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SpecterGT260
is it 14.7? that sounds very coincidental for AFR. i thought it was higher than that
Well, INN Specter gadget, We always pull vacuum but close on the 1Atmo.

Ah, you brought up the A/Fratio = Air to Fuel Ratio:

Now, do you see in the mountains where you run all sooty black carbon out the rear exhaust is a floored engine for more air to RE-RATIO back to a running A/Fratio.

So, yes we filled the 1Atmo exactly 14.7 in pressure each and every close. But our fuel ratio is now a 13:1 more fuel than air is the ratio up the mountain top is off on the jetting.

There is less air the higher in elevation, so you need less fuel in proportion. So to re-mix a fuel, you run the jetting in proportion to the fuel air ratio.

YOU have to understand that the fill will always suck the absolute basic 1Atmo for you to understand when the air to fuel begins the tuning process away from ideal 14.7 atmospheres.

Do you want to live in a ratio of ideal 14.7 air to fuel ratio? YOu are re-entering the atmosphere like a heat tile on the shuttle. Why don't you now rub your hands together real fast and real hard. make sure your palms make full contact; now start rubbing!

Your palms fell like a shuttle tile? Kind of 14.7 come into the atmosphere all friction hot? Think the A/Fratio is going to say that hot say we were in a vacuum it would be ideal.
So, our little molecule on the ground floor of the intake track is going to be the potato chip bag or the 1Atmo size but the air is expanding where there is less molecule to bounce off 14.7 parts air to 1 part fuel ratio.

Now that I have stabilized or have established we have an absolute as in, fuel, spark, compression, Atmo/Ratio, do we have our 4th variable established as in we have all that is to run said 4-Stroke to fire said fuel?

So, we have a cold steel engine that has a cold chamber full of 1Atmo waiting to be compressed. Are we now somewhere established where we have that K&N moving faster air or say the event to complete the fill of the 1Atmo has happened faster as the 360° can spin at any rpm and the only limit to the preset HP rating of the engine is the speed of the crank to move faster.

So, you and I are putting down the 1/4 mile but your same year, same engine, say every last mile on the speedo, I matched your every mod; we just changed to a faster filling event called a more breathable pleat to reach the same 14.7 to 1 air fill is mine happened faster.

I mean, ever so subtle was the speed that you felt a more smooth, more responsive 1Atmo fill. That filling smile on your azzfactor is called = A faster event that happened per 1 revolution as opposed to your OEM lagging, dragging, sagging rear end is you are so in my rear view mirror is all I did was cause my cylinder fill to happen sooner.

I will now have you sign your pink slip over to me is did you leave on his hand drop? Drop down on my knees laughing you left your Kicking&N crying you didn't install yours is I was still tying tommy's left shoe and un-goo-ING his eye IS Tommy was the driver!

Old 04-02-2009, 08:52 PM
1st Gear Member
Location: IN, or hell whichever, wait, its too cold to be hell

I am pretty sure it took him a thousand words just to tell me I am stupid... and possibly fat too. I cant really tell but I kinda want some potato chips right now. I gotta tell ya I could honestly care less anymore. Its like talking to the engineers at work and they start telling you the revision history and all you want to know is what bolt to use. Oh, sorry.
It is as the squirrel to the pigeon is when you teach to fly. Is how is cannot to run is OTTO.
I hope I am speaking your language correctly and we are on the same page. the reason I hope we are on the same page is that I want to find Camaro 69 and bring him back before he lost forever.

Originally Posted by PAzYearazzUP

1. I am an intake stroke and I accelerate on the down stroke wicked fast. That means the air is moving fast as I sucked on the intake stroke, upon closing, I will capture more air before the valve closes.

2. I am an intake stroke and I accelerate on the down stroke and stop at bottom dead center. I stopped any rushing air coming in and it will stop soon. So, I am more or less stopped air as if the engine was turned off.

3. I am an intake stroke and I am on the way up and will meet the compression stroke way before the intake valve closes. But I am flying up quick on the up stroke, so I am going to push air out before the valve closes.

Which is the correct answer?
Honestly? I think you are a junkyard motor with a cracked block, fouled plugs and spun bearings.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:54 PM
1st Gear Member

wam an music man, you are not to enter this thread. Do you see someone has learned something and you two can go out and help the others. I said I would stay here and if anyone wants to participate, well they are welcome.

You two are jealous or what is your problem? I can run with the best of them and if I build a motor = You are going to have some competition is you scared or something about my text?

Quick Reply: Specter/Slvr = Care to Join Me?