93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Stalling out, stuttering??

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 10:53 PM
In the Staging Lanes

i have a problem when i first start the car it likes to just die on me and when i'm first starting off driving it just kinda cuts all power, but you prolly don't have a blown head gasket unless 1) your oil looks like coffee or 2) you have a ****load of smoke coming out the tails.
check the sensors make sure they are all connected correctly, check the oil, you can check and make sure nothing it clogged. the guys gave some good ideas of where to start, i'm gonna check my car out tomorrow to see if i can find out whats going on depending on if it doesn't rain tomorrow. if i find out what it is i'll give you a suggestion.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:13 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

u still have cats? does the exhaust have a hissing sound and is it quieter than normal? im running out of ideas. plugged cat, bad valves/lifter or a flat cam? no those wouldnt change. could be the computer. seems like a sensor could do something like this to but y would it go away when the computer is cleared.

Last edited by craby; 05-16-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:35 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Its not a sensor. Ive replaced almost all of them. And then again the sensors are doing there job. Because when it wants to die it'll pick back up for a little bit and finally die out.

Yes I still got the cat Im debating if im gunna pull it out and bust everything out of it since I already passed smog earlier this month and dont know the smog laws in ok when i move in a few weeks...

And if it was a sensor it wouldnt be doing this is what im thinking.
And then again since its acting like this, and its not throwing any codes..
The brain wont tell on its self if its having problems.. it just rats out everyone else..
Thinkin about goin to a boneyard and pickin one up and seeing what happens..

And im not sure what the exhaust is susposed to sound like.
This is the first V6 ive ever owned.. and this is the first car I have ever owned that didnt have a flowmasters, or a hooker exhaust put on it 24hrs after I got the car..

Old 05-17-2009, 08:32 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Have you checked the EGR Valve? The EGR valve is suppost to be sealed off at idle and as you put the car under load it opens. If the EGR valve get gunked up it will not seal. If it almost seals it will not set a code. Also from what you described it could be the Map sensor. When they act up it is normally around idle because that is when they are most stresses. It could be a PCM. I seen that a few times that it only effected idle and did not set a code. On the 3rd gens it was very rare.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:46 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I'll go pull the EGR off now,
But the problem is its not just at idle.. Its even when im driving giving it gas

Old 05-18-2009, 09:02 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by CamaroTeen

Runs fine while Im driving. After I get it up to speed and let it cruise its fine..
You are making this tuff.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:32 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

gorn everything we been looking at would not go away clearing the computer would it? he says it goes away for a day if he clears the computer. the more i think on this one the more i think its the computer .

Old 05-19-2009, 03:01 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Alright honestly Gorn if I was making this up would I still be here??
Scratching my head as I replace different sensors, injectors, put in a new ignition system etc and still be doing this???

No not really.. And im not buying OEM im buying aftermarket so it is a pretty penny im putting into this little V6 that im hoping would cure the problem...

So after im doing all this.. Can the computer go bad?
I mean will the computer acually throw a code saying its having problems?
What ive been told no it wont because it wont tell on its self..

But is there anyway to get the ECM Tested??

Because I can pull the fuse out at night before I go to bed, then put it in, in the morning and I wont have any problems during the day while I drive it.. But if I want that to continue I have to pull the fuse to the ECM if I stay somewhere for a period of time..