93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

People against V6.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 06:04 PM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: People against V6.

Nic my car total with buying and repairs has cost me 8 grand. Now had it not been in such bad shape the 3 grand i spend on repairs would be put into mods like full exhaust, intake, gears etc and if you took a V6 that you bought for 3-4 grand and put 4-5 grand into it you would probably wouldnt be making as much power as i would be because intake,full exhaust and gears dont add the same kind of power on a V6 as it does a V8. Believe me I know. especially if you have a 3.4L. V8s in most cases respond alot better to mods than V6s.

Old 04-21-2008, 06:18 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

well then we cant say a V8 is overall more cost effective depends on your area market....

Old 04-21-2008, 06:19 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

for four grand i could have cam and my heads ported and polised and i have 3.8...

Old 04-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Ninja Administrator

spartan you cant claim to know. you drove a single port v6 mustang. it may have been a 3.8 but it got its lunch ate even by the 3.4L camaros

Old 04-21-2008, 06:21 PM
2nd Gear member

I'll be modding my sixxer because I want to be different.
I love the whole "Is that a z28?" effect, right after I blow them out. (General ricers)
Plus, I got my car for free, perfect condition.
So lets give me 5k for mods and watch me run with you. =)
I'll be spending quite a bit less on insurance, and the difference in premium and regular is bad around here.

Plus, not too many verts around my area. I love the attention.

Old 04-21-2008, 06:34 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

so the conclustion weve come to is it may be cheaper to buy a V8 in some market areas.... but either way moding a V6 / owning a v6 is in no way pointless or dumb its a action based on ones specific situation...

Old 04-21-2008, 07:47 PM
Ninja Administrator

^^^^ i never said owning, or even modifying one is pointless. however, there are many people, just like the kid in the "beat a v8 with my v6" that thinks an intake and a catback exhaust will make his v6 camaro a weekend racer. you just gotta understand that at that level there are alot of guys that will still be able to take your lunch money. hell, EVERY car i EVAR own will be modified to some extent.... except the elantra..... i mean once i have the money to buy the cars I want, they will all be modified. that includes v6 sports cars.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:05 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

This will be a war that will NEVER be settled. I thought you had to run premium in the v8's to get them to run properly. If you do, then while the mpg might not be a whole lot differant, gas is cheaper. My six gets outstanding mileage. I don't need a V8, this is my commuter car. The 3.8 today is similar to the grand national engine. Things have changed with the advances in technology. It's like comparing a 60's 350 in a pickup to a 90's 350 in a pickup. They are differant, but the same. I shopped for a long time looking at cars. All the Z's I came accross were trashed because of being run hard every second of the day. Almost every one I came accross for 4 grand needed a tranny, rear end, or engine, but usually an engine. For my purposes, it's silly to have a V8. The money I'm saving on gas and insurance is great. I had a Bonneville with the same engine, and this Camaro with it's 5spd gets better mileage, and the insurance is surprisingly cheaper too. I had a Jeep with a 360 V8 in it, made a lot of power. But I averaged 6-7 mpg on the highway. If I feel the dire need to put a V8 in this car, it will be the LSX engine with a stand alone fuel injection setup. Otherwise, I'm sticking to my plans to build a six.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:15 PM
1st Gear Member

I wasn't trying to compaire the GN to the 6 'maro, just a point about the whole 6 thing. Now, I don't "personaly" concider it a muscle car but I don't even "personaly" concider my Z one either. It's not a big bodied big block but that's another discussion. AND that's just my oppinion. Just the fact on how fast you can make a 6. The GN was a sick *** car in my book. I would be hessitant to go agains one with the LT1 I have. There's some fast 6's out there and I think it's damn fine and I'm not embarrased one bit if they take my lunch money.... Okay, just give me my milk at least[sm=icon_guiness.gif]

Old 04-21-2008, 08:26 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

^^^^ i never said owning, or even modifying one is pointless. however, there are many people, just like the kid in the "beat a v8 with my v6" that thinks an intake and a catback exhaust will make his v6 camaro a weekend racer. you just gotta understand that at that level there are alot of guys that will still be able to take your lunch money. hell, EVERY car i EVAR own will be modified to some extent.... except the elantra..... i mean once i have the money to buy the cars I want, they will all be modified. that includes v6 sports cars.
nobody ever said you did buddy that specific arrow was ment for another target...

Quick Reply: People against V6.