93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

People against V6.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 11:26 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: People against V6.

Can't decide if I like it or not. Needs more retro, like that new challenger. What are those rims bori? Size and brand? I like those. Looks like 18's to me.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:29 PM
Ninja Administrator

ORIGINAL: musicman

Bori, who's telling you this? I've been following your posts, and haven't seen anything. Give us a link to your thread. It's against Da Rulez to bash sixers in the sixer section, and can get people banned. I hope the moderators keep their promise about banning sixer bashers. Keep doing what YOU want to do. That's what matters the most.
da rulez are ROTM specific. however forum policy does make v6 bashing a bannable offence

Old 04-20-2008, 11:31 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

lol, sorry spec, forgot that they were only for rotm only.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:42 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

tell them to suck it....
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uK5pYVBcZ...eature=related

make sure to tell you buddy in his EVO hes running 18 psi and this guy well hes running 6..... and he still payedthree times what this guy did....

Old 04-20-2008, 11:45 PM
1st Gear Member

and where were you for v6 ROTM thats one nice car there

Old 04-20-2008, 11:48 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

nice vid nic!

bone, I think he's new to the forum. It says he joined on the 18th

Old 04-21-2008, 12:05 AM
1st Gear Member

yeah should have read that[:'(] but either way its a beauty

Old 04-21-2008, 12:11 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

I'll agree, it is a good looking car. I want to know what he has for rims, I want that set on my car. They would look great with the mods I'm working on.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:35 AM
4th Gear Member

imo its a waste of money to mod a V6, BUT i drove a V6 Mustang in the beginning of high school and it was great on gas and when i got a better job i got a Z28. The only reason i think its a waste of money is because you spend alil more to keep up with the V8s and alot more to beat them. But V6s are great cars if your looking for the mpg but if you have the money to mod a V6 you have the money to mod a V8 and gas isnt too different but to some money is hard to come by and a V6 Camaro is still a Camaro. That was my view of my mustang it hadcustompainttinted windows and a killer sound system, the great look of a sports car and the greatgas mileage of the V6.

Old 04-21-2008, 03:02 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

It is not pointless to mod a V6. Depends on what you want to do. Dad has a 30 year old straight 6 drag bike that he put about $20,000 into just porting the head, and boring the engine. Today, it nearly outruns a hayabusa, the fastest production bike available today. Is it impractical? Well, yes. if he wanted to go faster, then he should sell his CBX and buy a hayabusa and mod it instead, and runs 8's. But no, we're getting ready to bore the engine 2 or 3 more mm, and we're going to charge it with a 2 stage nitrous, and launch at 200 hp. This thing is so unique, and gets more atention than any other bike at the dragstrips. The reason? Because when the CBX's were made, everyone who tried to race them blew the engine to smitherines. Now, here's a CBX, and its really fast, has the super rare factory euro kit, and even has the original grips, paint, and seat. Dad bought it new off the show room floor in 1979. Why sell this monster of a bike for a cycle that everyone already has?
With a V6, yes it takes alot of money to get it to where you can outrun a V8. But what if you built the engine to run a heavy shot of nitrous, and/or turbo charged the engine (with the mods needed). I saw a Dodge colt 4 cyl. out run a big block chevy. Yeah, the colt got A LOT of attention. Not the big block. V8's are like Honda civics to many people. Everyone can get one, they're cheap, and easy to mod. For this reason, some people opt for other engines, just to be differant. If your scared to spend a few bucks modding a sixer, then fade into the crowd, and get a V8. Hurray, now you have a plain jane car that everyone glances past, no matter how fast you are. They've seen it before. The 3rd fastest car that night was a Volvo, nearly outrunning the 2nd fastest car that night, the big block chev. Another way to look at it is this way. Got to a car show, like Hot August Nights in Reno. What car is the number one most common car? A 57 chevy. My uncle WAS building a big block tubbed 57, but not any more. why? you guessed it, everyone is already doing it. Its not original anymore.
Hats off to all the guys who mod their v6. They are stepping out of the box, and doing something differant, and having fun doing it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12538/04E6D7D259924E2BA4CCC6D0FA43E87B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/12538/8A7E0BF65FF5497BABAC97CF65DBD9E3.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: People against V6.