93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

My 95 Camaro 3.4 Build Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 09:29 PM
2nd Gear member

Full cold air is coming. Right now money is being sunk into the tranny, driveshaft, U-joints, posi rear-end, tires, and the top engine stuff I needed to do.

Here's where I got my stripes: Mustang Camaro Firebird Trans Am Vinyl Racing Stripes

Old 04-14-2011, 06:06 AM

kool man and thanx and good luk with your projects
is urs a 5 speed

Old 04-15-2011, 06:21 AM
2nd Gear member

Yup, it's a 5-speed. I put a stage-II clutch in it and headers too.

Old 04-16-2011, 12:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrfreez
With the engine in the car you have very little room to work. It's impossible to take off the fuel rail or put it back on with the intake bolted to the car. If the engine isn't in the car then that's the easiest way.
If i am getting this right, the fuel rail is the little silver like box in the center of the intake right? If so, my dad and I found a way to get it in without take the intake off, but after hearing its impossible makes me want to take it all out and see if everything is in right lol. And I share the pain with the injectors, 2 of mine were cracked as well.

Old 04-16-2011, 05:52 PM
2nd Gear member

Yeah, good thing you changed them! If the injectors were on the fuel rail, how did you get the fuel rail into the car with the intake still bolted on? All I know is I fought with it for a few days and I didn't have the room to put the fuel rail in with the intake there. I have a 3.4L

Old 04-16-2011, 05:53 PM
2nd Gear member

I started taking the U-joints off the driveshaft. I already removed all the surface rust. I got one out but ran out of time to take out the other one. Once I remove the other U-joint I'll be able to paint it and rust-protect it!

Here's a pic of me taking the torch to heat up the U-joint caps to make the teflon line inside the caps come out.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:49 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Hi Mrfreez, When you finished with your camaro it's going to be new.
I think green is one of the best colors for the 4th gen camaro.
Great work, you are are a very patient guy.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:02 PM
2nd Gear member

Thanks impala765! It's alot of work but it'll be worth it to have a nice driving Camaro. And yup she's green! She got a fesh coat of paint last year too and in my sig is how she looks now.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrfreez
Yeah, good thing you changed them! If the injectors were on the fuel rail, how did you get the fuel rail into the car with the intake still bolted on? All I know is I fought with it for a few days and I didn't have the room to put the fuel rail in with the intake there. I have a 3.4L
The simplest way i can put it was like.. you have to almost screw the rail into the tight space. We took off the plastic trim and wipers, and then just weaseled the little sucker in. It smoked a little on start up but it was just some spilled gas. Pretty good for me and my dad who have never changed fuel injectors before lol. It ran a heck of a lot better too. Didn't want to take the air intake out because we didn't want to get involved with changing any gaskets etc. Plus if I seen all that carbon build up I would sit there for days scrubbing the heck outta everything. Im OCD like that lol

Old 04-21-2011, 09:47 PM
2nd Gear member

I'm glad it worked for you. I didn't take off the trim. Maybe if I did I might have been able to do it?

I got my tranny back! Saturday she goes in the car! I still have to install U-joints in driveshaft.
Things left to do on Monday:
- Change front pads & rotors
- Install & balance new tires
- Change oil
- Put coolant back in the rad

I'll take pics of the progress!

Quick Reply: My 95 Camaro 3.4 Build Thread!