93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

My 95 Camaro 3.4 Build Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 07:39 PM
2nd Gear member

So, I went and bought all the gakets I need for the upper intake, lower intake and valve covers! Guess what I'm doing this weekend!

I also got the bearing kit for the new rear-end. Axel bearings, pinion bearing and seals!

I'm not doing the posi rear-end swap this weekend. Doing the top-end of the engine, putting back in the tranny, and installing the 1-piece driveshaft is enough lol! I will take pics of the progress!

Old 03-30-2011, 08:03 PM
3rd Gear Member

Wanna do my top end after your done yours?

Old 04-03-2011, 02:58 PM

Your car is turning out to be a straight up mean monster for a v6.. looks awesome man

Old 04-03-2011, 05:12 PM
2nd Gear member

Thanks Rumblin Red!

After 2 exhausting days, I still have to put the fuel rail back and the throttlebody.
The floor is done!

The old intake, and what was underneath! ewwwwwww!

Well, found 3 of these! Now I know why the car was running like crap and why I smelled fuel! Cracked injectors!

And what the lower intake looked like.

I got the new intake on. The new injectors and O-rings are set and back on the fuel rail. Now I just need to put the fuel rail on the intake and put the throttlebody back on! This week it'll be done!

Old 04-10-2011, 10:03 AM
2nd Gear member

Well, got the top end of the engine together! The new intake and throttlebody are on. Positioning the intake and making sure the injectors were in properly was not fun with the engine on the car! So, the engine is all together, the floor is done, and the interior is back in. Now I'm just waiting for my tranny to be done! I put the car outside so I don't have to pay for anymore bay time. I'm also doing the coolant bypass so the coolant doesn't go through the throttlebody anymore.

Last edited by mrfreez; 04-10-2011 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:33 PM
2nd Gear member

Got my 1-piece driveshaft today. Just needs a little sanding, a U-joint and a coat of rust paint!

Old 04-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Overdrive Member

Looks like it is moving right along.

One question tho... why did you leave the injectors on the intake while taking it off and putting it on? Every thing I have read said to remove the block in the middle of the upper intake then the injectors. I am curious to know here since I am going to be doing this to a friend's car here in a few days.

Massey

Old 04-11-2011, 09:25 AM
2nd Gear member

Yup I know what you mean. And the instructions are correct if the engine is not in the car. With the engine in the car you have very little room to work. It's impossible to take off the fuel rail or put it back on with the intake bolted to the car. If the engine isn't in the car then that's the easiest way.

A trick too is to remove the 2 screws from the cowel at the top that are on top of the intake. Otherwise you'll scratch up the back of your hands pretty good like I did the first time!

Old 04-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Overdrive Member

Good to know. I found out about the weather stripping pins scratching the hell out of the tops of my hands on any camaro that I have had to put my hands under the cowl. I will keep your advise in mind when we take his intake off.

Massey

Old 04-13-2011, 08:51 PM

thats a pretty sweat ride wear did you pick up the strip kit i want a red set
and how did you like the magnaflow cat
and why not full cold air ?

Quick Reply: My 95 Camaro 3.4 Build Thread!