Project Basic Bish

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 07:41 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Still at it

It’s been a while since I posted, but progress hasn’t stopped. Painted the roll cage, installed new window motors, regulators, and universal wire switch and harness for the motors. Made aluminum door panels. Engines complete and ready for mock up. I painted the front clip with VHT chassis paint and I have a MWC k-member on order.

Old 03-05-2018, 11:07 AM
4th Gear Member

looking good ,though alot of work the engine looks nice for dropping in my 2002 z28 ,only thing about this build i did not like was being street legal ,an the fact that a z28 car would have made much better donor alot less work ,but its your with alot of blood sweat an tears

Old 03-05-2018, 11:52 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by 95 camaro 406
looking good ,though alot of work the engine looks nice for dropping in my 2002 z28 ,only thing about this build i did not like was being street legal ,an the fact that a z28 car would have made much better donor alot less work ,but its your with alot of blood sweat an tears

Thanks! It is definitely challenging me more than I thought (Hind site is always 20/20). But to be honest, I’m not in too much for this project. I’ve been keeping a spreadsheet of items bought and sold. I think I’m all in at $6000. $1500 in the Chassis and $4500 in the engine. Still well under my 15k budget. Im not sure the Z28 would have been much better. I wouldn’t have used the LS1, the 4L60, or the rear. The k-members being swapped for tubular as well as most of the other Chassis components. So, both routes it would’ve been stripped down to nothing and built back up. Now, I do agree with you on the street legal portion. This is definitely going to be most challenging. It may just end up a track car, Lol. But, so far, I’m on budget for this build and hopefully I can keep it that way. Fingers crossed

Also, some things have changed and I’m more “wiser” than my initial “dreams”, lol.

I’m no longer doing a 408 stroker, from what I was reading, stroker motors are not ideal for turbo cars, they do not like super high rpms. So it it is a lq4 bored 30 over.

Fuel system will be 4303 Magnafuel fuel pump with Bosch 210 injectors

The Trans I’ve decided to go with a 4L80, still researching the stall converter I want to run looking at a 3200-3800 for the cam I’m running.

The rear I’ve purchased a 9” housing already mocked up for an F-body. Just need to build it. $100.00

After talking with everyone on this forum and other forums, my goals have changed (a little). I mean 1000whp sounds cool, but 1/4 mile e/t’s mean much more. Hence, why I’m spending a lot of time pulling weight out of the car. I’d like a low 9 sec car, hell 8.99 has a nice ring too. So, there it is in a nut shell. I’ll keep on keeping on. Lol

Also, ordering some other go fast goodies this week. Will update soon

Old 03-16-2018, 03:04 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Intercooler from VSracing has arrived, just waiting on a few other items to start mocking things up

Old 03-17-2018, 02:50 PM
4th Gear Member

looking great the lq4 has been a tough engine in the escalade ,seems budget wise your doing ok, an doing all your own work helps alot too ,an that your not cutting corners by doing it yourself,,paying someone do due what you doing would be ,would be out of this world ,might well buy a track car then ,you will save 20k easy doing your own work on this build just a guess

Another guess is you would be at 12k right now if your were paying someone to do it ,so you saved half ,thrifty not cheap sounds great

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 03-17-2018 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:59 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by 95 camaro 406
looking great the lq4 has been a tough engine in the escalade ,seems budget wise your doing ok, an doing all your own work helps alot too ,an that your not cutting corners by doing it yourself,,paying someone do due what you doing would be ,would be out of this world ,might well buy a track car then ,you will save 20k easy doing your own work on this build just a guess

Another guess is you would be at 12k right now if your were paying someone to do it ,so you saved half ,thrifty not cheap sounds great
Thank you, I could only imagine what this would cost me to pay someone else to do. I definitely have a ton of man hours in this thing.

Turbo headers came, they look mean up and forward, but I don’t think they’re going to fit this way. May have to flip them. But for now, still waiting on the MWC k-member, before I can put this in to start mocking things up.