Where could I get cheap but nice tool sets.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 12:01 PM

Northern Tools is another one like Harbor Freight where you can get decent cheap tools.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:03 PM
2nd Gear member

I will buy the evolve set probably If someone can confirm that the sockets It comes with will be usefull and not only one size out of the whole set I will need but If someone could look at the link back a page and confirm that It will have a maJority of the sockets I will want for working on a car that would be nice.

Old 09-24-2011, 02:13 PM
3rd Gear Member

Dude we already told you what your gonna need if you really want to buy everything you will always need then save a couple thousand dollars because mechanics usually have well over 500 sockets in their box.

Old 09-24-2011, 02:25 PM
2nd Gear member

I know you said what I should get but Im not smart with this stuff thats why I am asking ya guys to tell me If the evolve set will have the tools I need for normal basic repairs or If It Is leaving out a few of the normal used sockets then.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:11 PM
2nd Gear member

Yes is the answer to your question. That Evolve set from Sears will get you started. It has pretty much all of the sockets and wrenches you will need to do basic maintenance and repairs to your car.

You will also need a set of screwdrivers, and few sets of pliers and a couple hammers to round out your collection.

Down the road, you can add some adjustable wrenches, locking pliers and good box to store everything in.

Take care of your tools, keep them clean and dry, and wipe them down with a light coating of machine oil every once in a while and they will last a lifetime.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:55 PM
Default Need Tools

HARBOR FREIGHT

I first went there with my husband cause I couldnt understand his fascination with the place.

1) Dont go without going online to www.couponcabin.com or come other site
and print a coupon, usually 25% off.

2) I was amazed and didnt want to leave, almost like a crafts store for me I
loved it.

3) I just got home from there myself I offered to go for my husband cause
there were a couple things I wanted to look at myself.

4) They literally have EVERYTHING you could ever need

Old 09-24-2011, 08:09 PM
2nd Gear member

Thats cool I will ask for the evolve set for my birthday but they might not have It In stock until oct 20th so I might buy It sometime next week to make sure I get It because It seems like a nice set with the wreches sockets etc then.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:23 PM

All mine are Craftsman. Never had any problems with any of them.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:36 PM
2nd Gear member

I think I might order this tool set and Im thinking It should have the basic sockets needed for working on cars snowmobiles etc I think Its pretty decent price for what It comes with would ya guys agree then.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:04 PM
3rd Gear Member

I broke two craftsman sockets and an extension today disassembling a weathered motor but I've also broken snapon sockets just not as many.

Quick Reply: Where could I get cheap but nice tool sets.