Where could I get cheap but nice tool sets.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Gorn

Since most of the time I do not need roll around cabinet for work I have been buying Vidmar. They are stronger and yes they last longer then Snapon. I have seen 30 year old Vidmars with tonnage in them.

Stanley Vidmar |
We had Stanley Vidmar in our maintenance shops in the Air Force... They do last forever. I worked in and out of them for 10 years and then returned 8 years later and they were still in use and looked exactly the same as they did in the 80's. I guarantee they are still there now...

Old 10-09-2011, 01:31 PM
2nd Gear member

Cool.

Old 10-09-2011, 02:35 PM
2nd Gear member

The craftsman ones that I was going to get are three ton combined so really Its only 1.5 ton for a Jack stand so really these are crap and Im looking to get different ones my dad said I should keep the larin ones that reach 16 Inches and buy another set of them and then have a backup Incase they fail like bricks so really either way a Jack stand Is a Jack stand because If It failed the bricks would catch the car. I guess It doesnt matter which ones I get. Because If I have a back up either way It wont matter. I Just didnt feel safer under larin because I havent heard of them. But I might buy another set use them and have a backup like bricks. But one thing I noticed Is that most Jack stands have a ratchet style the larin ones have a pin style should I return them and buy a different set of Jack stands or should I buy another box of them and Just use them. But will 16 Inches be enough for working on my car like taking the drive shaft out to check the U Joints and to check and possibly change the transmission mount would sixteen Inch lift be enough. Here Is a link to the set of Jack stands I have and might either return or keep based on the answers If they look safe and If sixteen Inches will be enough for working. Then.

Jack Stands - 3 Ton - 1 Pair By Larin - Mills Fleet Farm

Are these Jack stands three ton each or a total of three ton so they would be 1.5 ton each I cant see where It says on the website.