Project Bone Maro 2000 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 08:36 PM
2nd Gear member

You could have the shop put dye in it and black light the engine bay to see if it's leaking and where the leak is.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:48 PM
2nd Gear member

Lol yeah good point. I would a reputable shop then that has the right, working equipment.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:56 AM
Overdrive Member

I would try to find a dedicated A/C shop and have them take a looky see on your A/C system. If adding a little helped you prolly need a little more to get it up and going the way it should be. The only true way to know if your A/C system is charged properly is to use high and low side gauges. The gauge on the can you have only tests one side, and the AC works on a ratio of pressure between the sides. Shake the can of freon to see if there is any more in the can, if you can feel it shake then you still have some left.

Massey

Old 04-26-2011, 10:52 AM
Overdrive Member

Leaking under pressure does not mean it has ever been exposed. Who knows why it was empty maybe some one unknowing what they were doing disconencted the lines and reailzed what it takes to get the AC running again. There is just too many vairables, and you can have the system leak tested before replacing everything and those tests only take a few minutes for bad leaks and you may have to come back in a few days for slow leaks. They use a dye in the freon that when exposed to ultraviolet light, glows bright green. You cant miss the stuff even if your engine is a mud ball.

I did a quick search for AC shops around the Atlanta area and since I dont know exactly where you are I cant tell how close these guys are.

Auto Air Conditioning Repair
524 NW Marietta St
Atlanta, GA
(404) 524-2577

But they were only like 1 of 200 I found with in a 100 mile radius of Atlanta.

Massey

Old 04-26-2011, 12:14 PM
Overdrive Member

Hell I would not replace the entire AC system for a bad O-ring. I would replace all O-rings but not the entire system if it is not needed to be replaced. That is just a HUGE waste of money. Most AC system leaks that are not caused by catastrophic physical damage are simply dried up O-rings. Usually a less than $20 repair (plus the cost of a recharge).

Massey

Old 04-27-2011, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Massey
The codes AU0 and AU8 are both needed for the Keyless entry, you will not have one without the other. If you have one then you just need to buy key fobs with the PN16245100-29 Model/FCC ID AB01502T. There is instructions on how to program the fobs in your owner's manual
Massey
Door on my 2000 Z28 has AU0 and AU3 but NOT AU8.

1.) Do I have keyless ENTRY?

2.) Is there a link somewhere to all the door codes?

3.) How can I get remote START?
Thank you,

Old 04-27-2011, 11:07 PM
Overdrive Member

AU0 is the code for keyless entry and the AU3 or AU8 have to do with the freq, of the system so yes you have keyless entry.

Massey

Old 04-29-2011, 11:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Feel your pain on the gas, just paid $4.19 today. I put 10 in and I was nearly empty... but the unusual shape of our tanks made me feel better.. it read a quarter lmao.... anyways.,. hope everything with your ac goes well and its a simple fix

Old 05-01-2011, 05:56 AM
1st Gear Member

Sounds to me like the lug nuts might have been torqued too tight at one time, making those spots. Are there any hard spots on the rotors? Try spraying brake cleaner on the rotors to clear any contamination from grease and stuff. At least have the rotors turned. You won't be out much, and that should fix the problems.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Why don't you try to replace the struts yourself. I have been doing alot of repairs and tasks on my Camaro since I bought it 7 months ago, some of them are things I have never attempted before. I know that I have never replaced struts before, but I have replaced shocks. I understand that there is a large difference. I would be willing to learn just to save some $$.
You can save a bunch of $ by doing the work yourself.
If you just want a fast car and don't want the bother of repairing it yourself, then you bought the wrong car. Buy a NEW Camaro and be done with it.

Quick Reply: Project Bone Maro 2000 Z28