Ok so here is my first project car!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 09:58 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

that hose/pipe is the air intake for the positive crankcase ventalation. so what happened to make it turn over now? im gona say the fuel pump check valve is failing or the pump itself is beginning to fail. still get hot?

Old 05-08-2011, 09:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Lol nice. Hope ya don't mind thats being put into the sig haha. Gotta love simple Photoshop edits. I gotta get a copy from my buddy. I have programs up the yin yang and never asked for photo shop I'll probably check into a new battery soon. I have one at my house.. but i dunno the condition, I might get it checked out at advanced tomorrow. and about the paint buff thanks lmao thats how I'd like to get it one day :P

*edit* Craby My dad actually caved and I had the entire top of the engine rebuilt. The mechanic we have worked with for a few years now said he believed the rest of the internals were safe and that the bottom half was still in good condition. Along with the tranny, suspension etc. Had gaskets replaced, heads re-machined, the radiator replaced, new water pump, timing chain fixed (that was off) new engine temp sensor, and a new hose to the EGR. I was looking around the engine today and noticed the hose so I thought I'd ask about it. And It hasn't been hot since lol

Last edited by tjsmar; 05-08-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:00 PM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Go ahead and use the pic I edited lol. That's what it's there for. I get all those programs for free too lol. I have the full Adobe CS5 Suite.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:06 PM
1st Gear Member

oooo. I have sony vegas, acoustica, virtual DJ, stardock,

Old 05-09-2011, 10:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Ok so I was driving today and I noticed my volt gauge reads a little below the top third notch. I think its like.. 14.5. Also, my oil guage is going crazy.. like it will be really high on idle, drop to half when going, jump up and down if Im on uneven road.. any idea? I am kinda worried as seeing oil is like blood to a car. I am thinking it might need an oil change but idk if that would cause it.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:58 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

how long from the last oil change and what filter are you using? could be a bad oil pressure sensor.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:10 PM
3rd Gear Member

So I have to agree with craby on the fuel pump. Next time you go to start it turn the key to the one position 3 times. Each time leave it there until you hear the fuel pump stop. Then try starting it up. If it starts right up then you need to put a fuel pressure gauge on it and test it.

As for the oil pressure gauge it could be the gauge it's self goof crazy do to a loose connection or bad sensor. The mechanical gauges are alot more accurate.

Sounds like your battery is good and alternator is charging every thing with it sitting at 14.4

Old 05-09-2011, 11:34 PM
1st Gear Member

well I know I am due for an oil change in 1000 miles. But the top of the engine was rebuilt about 500 miles ago. Might need another one. and I am not sure the first oil change was at duke of oil, second from the mechanic who did the engine. Any recommendations?

Old 05-09-2011, 11:49 PM

If I do heavy internal work, or have it done, I tend to change the oil more frequently for the first few thousand miles.

Hell it couldn't hurt to change it again.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:08 PM
1st Gear Member

So today after school I stopped at advanced and had them check the battery and alt. Everything checks out fine. So I am gonna assume its the fuel pumps age. Lets just hope it doesn't fail soon lol. Now that summer is coming and prom is thankfully over ( my wallet dreaded that night regardless of the fun lol) I only have the 2200 to pay the rents back for the engine work. Also, the oil gauge suddenly stopped fluctuating. Dunno what happened, but its working great now so I am happy with it. I am thinking though this car is staying a daily driver, and not going to become the project car I had initially hoped i could make it. Having the smaller 3.4, and already having 4500 into it, I, basically just driving it till it dies for good.

Quick Reply: Ok so here is my first project car!