Just bought a 99 Camaro. Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 10:56 PM
Default Just bought a 99 Camaro. Need help!

Hello Im new to this forum, just bought a 99 Camaro today for a heck of a price, because earlier this summer I sold my 97 dodge ram to get a newer truck/car, and for the price, it was too good of a deal to pass up. So anyways, I have a couple questions: -How do you adjust the passenger side mirror? It has manual windows, power locks. I saw the **** for the driver side, but not for the passenger side. -How do you replace the CAM position sensor on the v6 3.8? -How hard is it to replace the blinker switch? It doesn't stay engaged, the left turn signal does not blink, only turns on. -And lastly, any cool ideas on customization? I'll post some pics of it after school tomorrow. First day as a senior in high school! This is a real dark blue exterior, black leather interior. Body is in great shape. Thank you for reading, I'm sure I'll be a frequent visitor here. -Patrick

Old 08-24-2009, 11:33 PM
In the Staging Lanes

passenger side, roll window down and press on mirror where you need to adjust. not trying to be a smart *** but it really is that easy, nothing fancy. I don't know about the CAM sensor, but on the turn signal mine had the same problem, try replacing the flasher relay for it first. its under the drivers dash, underneath that black cover down towards bottom. its a lot easier fix and probably the problem they go out after a while. sounds like you picked up a nice ride, some nice 5 spoke crome rims would look nice on the dark blue. where you located just curious?

Old 08-25-2009, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Xx3800xX
passenger side, roll window down and press on mirror where you need to adjust.
My dad and I tried that, but it hardly budged. Why is is there a **** for the driver side mirror but not the passenger? I thought Dodge was the make that had the screwed up design flaws, not Chevy or Ford :P

but on the turn signal mine had the same problem, try replacing the flasher relay for it first. its under the drivers dash, underneath that black cover down towards bottom. its a lot easier fix and probably the problem they go out after a while.
Aight I'll try that tomorrow and let you know if it works. Thanks.

sounds like you picked up a nice ride, some nice 5 spoke crome rims would look nice on the dark blue. where you located just curious?
Austin, Texas

And I was thinking maybe redo the dash and the center console to match the color of the outside of the car. Or maybe do it white instead.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:37 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

u turn the **** to the passenger side and adjust. it should turn right for passenger side and left for driver side. if the mirror doesnt move help a little and see if that losens it up. once i get mine losened itll work unless i dont move it for a long time then i have to help it a little ot get her goin again.

Last edited by craby; 08-26-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:35 PM

my left blinker didn't work...I had to replace a bulb in my left turn signal...check all your bulbs on the left side