So here it goes, my project thread (2nd gen)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 10:49 AM
3rd Gear Member

You're right Vall, I know it can still be done without all the computers and forced induction. It's just funny to me to think that when I was in high school people knew what a "350" or a "454" was. Must be that it's just me starting to realize that I'm becoming part of the "back in day" generation? I'm glad the last decade has blessed us with newer technology that makes so much power. I'm just hoping the highway death rates don't climb as fast as the trend has switched to LS building! I'll invoke spidey for a minute and say "with added power comes added responsibility." I have every confidence that at some point in the future I'll have the newer techonology under the hood of something in the garage. Otherwise I'll be able to recognize a lot of cars by their taillights!

Old 11-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Overdrive Member

I totally agree with Val. The JY down the road from me sells a 5.3 with 80-100k miles for about 500. Lower for higher mileage. Anyhow, an intake and MSD 6010 box will run 600. people are hacking the LS computers now as well. So for $1100 you can have 400+hp. Then another 300 for headers and a 100 for mounts. It can be done for less than a 400hp SB in my book. My goal is to start having the LS parts laying around like I do for the older ones. Then LS swaps will be cheap.

Its just the way its going now. I want the insane power before were all forced to drive electric cars. But I would find ways to hot rod those too.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:33 PM
Overdrive Member

Oh yeah, when I woke up this morning it was in the 20's and snowing. Not a day to have the back door open to move stuff in the basement. Let alone rake leaves. Tomorrow i'm going out no matter what though. Polar Edition Carhart's and all.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:55 AM
3rd Gear Member

In two hours time I watched the thermometer drop over 30 degrees here. I almost left a window open because it was so warm, glad I didn't. Wake up the next morning and the snow is coming down sideways with winds gusting 60mph. Had a tree just miss the garage as it broke in half! Now you can feel good about not getting the raking done. They would've just blown back into the yard anyway! It took me an entire week to finally get the leaves raked up and I was actually hoping for some rain to get them compressed before the wind took them back into the yard. Not so lucky.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

We've beeen having tons of rain and high winds! The wind died down, but the rains kept coming, and some people in low areas are having flooding issues. Supposed to start drying up today, and it might even dry up and get sunny enough for me to get out for a drive Sunday! Just finished doing carpets and window tint on the gasser, so might get to drive it for a burger before the rain starts again!

Old 11-24-2012, 08:01 PM
Overdrive Member

LOL Rain! I took the family out for dinner last night on a sheet of ice. The new Jeep is full time 4WD though. Its starting to grow on me now that I drive it. Went and got a Christmas tree with it Clark Griswald style. Its no truck thats for sure. I will take the truck from now on. I was all about putting on the luggage rack. Didn't factor is the weight of a 8ft Douglas Fur, the tree farm only had a 12-14yr old girl working. The only help she was, was asking if I needed twine. I would love to have watched someone else wrestle it up without scratching there new vehicle. I just didn't plan this out at all. I can't wait until my boys are old enough to start really lifting things.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:23 PM
3rd Gear Member

Question is: Did you catch some good air pulling into the parking lot?

Old 11-26-2012, 01:57 PM
Overdrive Member

LOL Nope! Couldn't get enough ground speed.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by 77nomad
LOL Nope! Couldn't get enough ground speed.
Better get some chains or studded tires for the next attempt at defying gravity in the ice!

Old 11-26-2012, 09:22 PM
3rd Gear Member

So what's up with your actual project Damon? We kinda went off into la-la land for a while there and it sounds like you've got a few things keeping you busy along with a healing process. Any plans to get back at it soon? Your posts about that guage look interesting but my lack of knowledge had me more confused than anything. Did you ever score a bung?

ps- At one point did you tell me that you had an extra rear stabilizer bar?

Quick Reply: So here it goes, my project thread (2nd gen)