So here it goes, my project thread (2nd gen)

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Overdrive Member

Well today was a good day. I was gonna replace my rotors and wheel bearings but decided against it and just repacked mine. I got the car down on all fours for the first time since Regan was in office. Put the front sway bar on too. The put the wheels and tires from the 78 on there. Hung the front fenders just to see if I could tell if there was and drop to the new springs, can't tell with no motor. Speaking of motor I'm gonna bring the beast out there next weekend and introduce them to each other. Tranny too! Its should be one hellava party. The only snag I have is the rear sway bar brackets mentioned in my earlier posts. Drilling the out to 9/16 isn't gonna help, so I'll take them into work tonight and put them in a mill and open the holes exactly the way I want. I need a 4" spread to fit over the u bolts and the bracket is barley 4 1/2",so I,m gonna do it right. Hope everyone had as good a day as me- Damon

Old 06-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

That's got to feel really good to have the Camaro sitting on all 4!

Old 06-06-2010, 09:58 PM
ATM
3rd Gear Member

I had a good day, I got reaquainted with an old friend, and worked on the O2 sensors on a 98 camaro for half the day, and drank a bunch of beer. Congrats and good luck on your progress. I'd love to see what mill can do, just so I would know what I could use it for.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:22 AM
Overdrive Member

Drinking beer and working on cars should be an olympic sport. O2 sensors... Degree of difficulty 2.5 LOL

Old 06-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Actually working on cars sober or with beer should be an Olympic sport! When we get frustrated we could have the wrench toss for distance!

Old 06-07-2010, 09:05 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I would be great at the wrench throwing but it takes real talent to break one haha I've broke three

Old 06-07-2010, 09:39 PM
ATM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 77nomad
Drinking beer and working on cars should be an olympic sport. O2 sensors... Degree of difficulty 2.5 LOL
I've only changed O2 sensors on my 94 full size gmc, you could totally get to it, these were above the flange on the exhaust and below the manifold, and between the engine and the inner fender. Definitely not a 2.5. lol, although, if they have to get done again, the entire exhaust manifold is coming out to change them. There is no room in there at all.

And as for throwing wrenches, I really, really have to seriously hurt myself before I get that mad. And honestly when I do seriously hurt myself I am more apt to just swear a bit (which I don't normally do) and walk away. I suppose that I have matured a little in my 37 years; in some ways.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Overdrive Member

LOL I got pissed a few years ago at work and licked a full can of oil based silver paint. It exploded. I was head to toe silver like the tin man. It took four hours to clean up. Of couse it flew all over everyones tool boxes so I had to clean them too. I had to get a guy a new carhart coat. And had to wash my hair in the parts washer. I rfeally have calmed down since then. I still have my completelty silver saftey glasses in my tool box as a reminder.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:55 PM
1st Gear Member

It's funny that launching tools came up. I not 30 min ago launched a brand new hammer drill from one side of my yard to the other.
I bought it this morning so I could lock in a wall I'm building to close my garage in. I get home. Completly demo the garage door and surrounding frame and get ready to start installing lag bolts in the concrete, the thing craps out on me 4 holes into a 18 hole afair. I'm gonna take it back tomorrow, but, dang it stopped me right in the middle of progress, and no hammer drill means no wall tonight. Sorry for rambling...I feel better tho

Old 06-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by 77nomad
LOL I got pissed a few years ago at work and licked a full can of oil based silver paint. It exploded. I was head to toe silver like the tin man. It took four hours to clean up. Of couse it flew all over everyones tool boxes so I had to clean them too. I had to get a guy a new carhart coat. And had to wash my hair in the parts washer. I rfeally have calmed down since then. I still have my completelty silver saftey glasses in my tool box as a reminder.
I assume you kicked it, not "licked" it???

Quick Reply: So here it goes, my project thread (2nd gen)