1973 Z28 project rusty gold.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 09:37 PM
3rd Gear Member

3.42 or 3.73 is a good gear i think either one would work great in ur car,i wanna go with 3.73 too,wow what size tire u planning in the back,keep up the good work,i really like the way u got it set up.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:45 PM
2nd Gear member

You mean tire size?

Old 01-11-2012, 04:32 AM
3rd Gear Member

yeah tire size and rim size.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:21 PM
2nd Gear member

These Name:  036-3.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  106.1 KB

Old 01-12-2012, 08:18 PM
December 2011 ROTM
Santas Little Helper
ROTM Winner's Club

Nice work....I finally read through your project.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:00 PM
2nd Gear member

Thanks Orocker, sorry for the long read it would be much shorter if I would be more work and less talk.

Didn't get any work done today on the camaro spent an hour and a half after work dragging home a 96 chrysler cirrus got it for $220 now I have a sedan with a title and good interior and a running but knocking engine. First thing I'm gonna do is pull the valve cover cause to me it sounds like something with a rocker/pushrod but I figure I can double my money just selling as is or fix it which is my plan, Got it due to a co-worker needing to get rid of it today, two days ago it developed the knock and he was gonna scrap it so I got it cheap.

But on my project I've got my school books ordered so now I'll get some flood lights and C-clamp vise grips for the sheet metal since I'll be starting that soon might get some more metal tomorrow so I can start building my floor and for the moment I think thats it.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:19 AM
3rd Gear Member

wow love them rims and tires gonna give that camaro an awesome stance cant wait to see it finished.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by james hellsing
Thanks Orocker, sorry for the long read it would be much shorter if I would be more work and less talk.

Didn't get any work done today on the camaro spent an hour and a half after work dragging home a 96 chrysler cirrus got it for $220 now I have a sedan with a title and good interior and a running but knocking engine. First thing I'm gonna do is pull the valve cover cause to me it sounds like something with a rocker/pushrod but I figure I can double my money just selling as is or fix it which is my plan, Got it due to a co-worker needing to get rid of it today, two days ago it developed the knock and he was gonna scrap it so I got it cheap.

But on my project I've got my school books ordered so now I'll get some flood lights and C-clamp vise grips for the sheet metal since I'll be starting that soon might get some more metal tomorrow so I can start building my floor and for the moment I think thats it.
I'm pretty sure the 2.4 engine has adjustable rockers, so it might have either an adjuster that's backed off, or a bad rocker. Might be a cheap fix, as the rockers are under $30 new.

Glad to see you going forward on the Camaro, with all the school and work commitments you have. It's a big project to go full frame, and good to see you're tackling it!

Old 01-13-2012, 11:36 PM
2nd Gear member

2.5 V6, I wish it had the 4 banger that'd be so much easier to work on/pull/repair/and cheaper but oh well.
I pulled the valve cover that I could get at, nothing was loose so out she goes!
I have never crammed myself in such odd angles behind a engine before just getting at connectors... possibly since I've only ever worked on carb'd engines lol but I got the engine harness off not as bad as I thought it would be, not so tough, the connectors were a ***** but overall my LS swap confidance is going up which is exactly what this chrysler is about. After all if I can repair and reinstall or replace and install the engine in this cramped car I can definitely do it in my camaro.
But since my girlfriends parents are snobby subburbians the 240sx that I bought her wasn't good enough so they got her a car that is... better suited for their upturned noses one might say so I'll sell that soon and have more project money which will be good.
I got some more metal today as well so tomorrow I'm gonna devide my time after work between the cars and get some structure welded in for the floors.

What thickness should I use for the floor/wheel tub sheet metal? the metal place doesn't go smaller then 16 gauge but it's $60 bucks for a 6x8 or maybe it was a 8x10 sheet idk couldn't tell but I thought that was a bit much next size up was 14 gauge do I need smaller then 16 gauge?

Old 01-14-2012, 12:30 AM
Overdrive Member

Try pulling the dog bone motor mount and use a ratchet strap or come a long to rotate the motor forward. Way easier to do plugs and such.

Quick Reply: 1973 Z28 project rusty gold.