1973 Z28 project rusty gold.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 01:21 PM
2nd Gear member

That was similiar to what I did. Worked for years for a co that built and designed factory automation. (after the vacc tube thing). Then spent much of my career as a maintenance dept. head. Troubleshooting and redesigning automation.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:29 PM
2nd Gear member

Well I've gotten a pretty good grasp of the electrical class so much so that my teacher refered me to be a tutor so now I'm gonna be getting paid to study!!! Other then that I've got nothing new to report lol T
omorrow I'm gonna get a piece of metal I need if the metal place is open then hopefully get some work done on the camaro.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:42 PM
Overdrive Member

I missed a lecture Monday and did not have a grasp on anything. Opps. I walked into a pop quiz Wed. morning on how to figure the ripple on full wave and bridge rectifiers. Oh yeah I was screwed. I have it down now after the lab but 2 out of 5 questions right wasn't cool. I did better than most, the average was all 5 wrong. Kind of silly because the first question was to explain the procedure for testing a diode. Being our third week we all should know that. We have built five circuits using them. I would have done better but I rushed through and didn't think about what I was putting down for an answer. At least I got the procedure correct.

Funny how many electronics guys are here. Rydeer, didn't know that was your thing. Jehoffer is also a elect. guy. Weird, I should come here for answers.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:51 PM
2nd Gear member

I haven't got to diodes or rectifiers yet since we spent 4 class sessions on one chapter, hopefully this week we'll move onto something new chapter 2 is inductors and capacitors I'm gonna try to stay a chapter ahead since I have to tutor now hopefully I can get at least 3 hours of tutoring in a week but I guess either way it's just extra practice.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:53 PM
2nd Gear member

I did get my bumper in today for the 240sx now I just need a hood then I'll paint and sell it to return some cash to the camaro fund.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:01 PM
Overdrive Member

Yeah! Your getting ready to learn about freq. resonance and QC time constants. Hopefully they teach you about freq. resonance and how Nicola Tesla used to light up light bulbs across town without wires. In the 1800's, no one has figured out how he did it.

How do the expect you to tutor a subject you haven't learned? Our tutors are second year students that are ready to graduate.

Old 01-28-2012, 04:28 PM
2nd Gear member

On the tutoring subject I know I thought that was kinda dumb having me tutor a class I'm in but my college is just that stupid. I can tutor anything that I have a B or better in and since I was 4.0 last year and my teacher told her that I understood the class she was overly enthusiastic about me doing it. The main problem with my class is most of them are lazy and don't read anything so they just expect to pass with a C from showing up which will happen for most of them.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:50 PM
Overdrive Member

I agree alot is in the reading. My books have pre-calculous level math in them that my instuctor dumbs down for us. Its hard though because I want to run the numbers at home so I understand, then get to school and learn a different way to do it. It took well over a year before I realized my teacher was doing this.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:59 PM
1st Gear Member

OK you guys are making me think here... I use simple diodes at work in our harnesses but have not had to think about Ohm's Law and such in years. I have the books around here some place for reference but lord knows if I could remember what numbers to put where.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:00 PM
2nd Gear member

To teach My instructor uses the main text book, his personal ideas/theorys/metaphors, and another book which is basically like an electrical for dumies book and the main text book teaches electrical as electrical, air, and hydraulic. It kinda sucks having to learn something more then one way I really don't understand the use of explaining electrical in other forms like hydraulics or air it just drags it out.
But I got some work done to the camaro tonight I have the front body crossbrace done for the moment and the over frame braces done I was about to weld everything in place but my bolts weren't long enough to go through the metal and rubber bushings so monday I'll get longer ones so I can finish up the body floor frame.

Quick Reply: 1973 Z28 project rusty gold.