What did you do to your camaro today

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 11:27 PM
Overdrive Member

LOL, sounds fun.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:12 AM
ATM
3rd Gear Member

That Austin sounds like an awesome toy. Good to hear your diff got sorted out. What a trip, having an oddball rear end from Canada! lol.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

I was really starting to sweat it, as we've got a group of 5 old school style gassers we're displaying at the Roadster Show here, and I didn't want to let the other guys down by not making it there! The deadline for setup is this Thursday, so cutting it way too close.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:36 AM
ATM
3rd Gear Member

As truck drivers like to say; "An inch is as good as a mile" lol.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:56 PM
2nd Gear member

Glad to hear you got the rear end finished,definitely sounds like a fun ride.

Put my new exhaust on today,it's the jegs 2 1/2" kit,i didn't use the turbo mufflers that came with it though,i bought a set of the thrush welded chambered mufflers.This thing sounds mean with the mild lope of the cam and these mufflers,plus it is quite loud,i can definitely see some red and blue lights in my rear view here soon haha.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:26 PM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

So when will we see the video of the car running? Sounds like you're starting to have more fun with a more finished 2nd gen!
Yeah, the Austin is a blast! Can't wait for good weather and the cruise season. We've got hardly any gassers at the local shows, and I hope it's received well when I come in with the headers uncapped!

Old 03-14-2011, 04:22 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by 1971BB427
So when will we see the video of the car running? Sounds like you're starting to have more fun with a more finished 2nd gen!
Yeah, the Austin is a blast! Can't wait for good weather and the cruise season. We've got hardly any gassers at the local shows, and I hope it's received well when I come in with the headers uncapped!
As soon as i get a better camaera haha,the one i have now will record video,but it wont record sound,definitely time to update it.As far as having more fun,it's a night and day difference.I just could not stay motivated and would get aggrivated way to easy working on the other one,knowing no matter what i finished on it,there were still 100 other things needing done before i would ever get to drive it.At least with this car,i can do something,then take it out for a drive when finished,which really helps me stay motivated.
I have always like any type of gasser,but like you say you dont see to many at the cruises and shows anymore.Not sure about where you live,but just about anybody around here that goes to the shows would rush to see anything with uncapped headrers,it doesn't matter what it is,just the sound draws them in haha

Old 03-14-2011, 08:39 AM
In the Staging Lanes

nothing, mines still in hibernation

Old 03-14-2011, 08:42 AM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by B.M.
As soon as i get a better camaera haha,the one i have now will record video,but it wont record sound,definitely time to update it.As far as having more fun,it's a night and day difference.I just could not stay motivated and would get aggrivated way to easy working on the other one,knowing no matter what i finished on it,there were still 100 other things needing done before i would ever get to drive it.At least with this car,i can do something,then take it out for a drive when finished,which really helps me stay motivated.
I have always like any type of gasser,but like you say you dont see to many at the cruises and shows anymore.Not sure about where you live,but just about anybody around here that goes to the shows would rush to see anything with uncapped headrers,it doesn't matter what it is,just the sound draws them in haha
I'd bet you see more gasser style cars in Ohio than we do here in Oregon. Afterall Ohio was THE place for the top gassers in the country back in the 60's! From what I've read it's still got a thriving interest in nostalgia drags, and gasser reunions.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:24 PM
2nd Gear member
Default New Exhaust

Had 3" inch exhaust ran, with an x-pipe and o2 plug.
Sound freaking great. The x-pipe made it a little quieter but the 3" made it a lot deeper. You can actually feel the exhaust.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your camaro today