What did you do to your camaro today

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

That sounds like real fun Damon! Looks like they are 3.06 1st gear and .7 for 4th gear. That should really launch, but as you mentioned 2nd gear shift by the time you clear the intersection!

Old 02-23-2011, 05:12 PM
In the Staging Lanes

what did i do to the camaro? well, i changed out my 4.10 gearing for the 2.73s i had... made a huge difference, instead of 5000 rpm at 60 it's like 3500 at 70... i have less launch, but it's still got enough power to be fun

then i gave her a nice bath and she looked BEAUTIFUL!!!

Old 02-23-2011, 07:19 PM
ATM
3rd Gear Member

^^ pics?

Old 02-24-2011, 01:39 AM
Overdrive Member

Hey Steve, How was Disney? Sun burnt?

Old 02-24-2011, 05:23 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Fixed a leak in the TH350 speedo housing. Broke the bolt off that holds the speedo "bullet" into the housing. Had to get the lefthand drill bits out and remove the tail housing to get the broken bolt out. Love those lefthand twist drill bits!
https://camaroforums.com/forum/showt...136#post513136

Old 02-24-2011, 09:16 PM
ATM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 77nomad
Hey Steve, How was Disney? Sun burnt?
Disney was awesome. Really wasn't too busy, not a drop of rain the whole trip and in the 80's the whole time, upper 50's at night. We also went to Universal Studios and the park associated with it, Paradise Island or something like that. They have a new Harry Potter section to the park, my daughter is a huge fan of that series. They have a roller coaster that sends you into what I suspect are curving tubes of some sort, with 360 degree projection... absolutely unbelievable. As for the sunburn, I really have to be super stupid to get burnt. I don't burn real easy. My kids though are another story, my 9 year old was in space out mode when it was time to check out on the last day and we were going to swim before our flight. When my wife was doing the sunscreen thing she kept ignoring her to come get it on, needless to say she got badly burnt. My wife got a bit, and my oldest too. My son is very fair, and has got to get sunscreened like crazy, plus wear a hat even, so he was fine.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:20 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by ATM
Disney was awesome. Really wasn't too busy, not a drop of rain the whole trip and in the 80's the whole time, upper 50's at night. We also went to Universal Studios and the park associated with it, Paradise Island or something like that. They have a new Harry Potter section to the park, my daughter is a huge fan of that series. They have a roller coaster that sends you into what I suspect are curving tubes of some sort, with 360 degree projection... absolutely unbelievable. As for the sunburn, I really have to be super stupid to get burnt. I don't burn real easy. My kids though are another story, my 9 year old was in space out mode when it was time to check out on the last day and we were going to swim before our flight. When my wife was doing the sunscreen thing she kept ignoring her to come get it on, needless to say she got badly burnt. My wife got a bit, and my oldest too. My son is very fair, and has got to get sunscreened like crazy, plus wear a hat even, so he was fine.
Hey where did you goto disney at orlando or anaheim? I manage 6 hotels in the anaheim are near disney so if any of you ever need to come into anaheim I can get you all very good prices and depending in the season a couple of free nights. I just thought I would offer incase any one is planning a vacation

Old 02-24-2011, 10:22 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by 77nomad
Got my el cheapo billet alternator bracket today. I'm impressed for 32 bucks shipped.
Hey where did you gut your alternator bracket at? will it fit any alternator?

Old 02-24-2011, 11:51 PM
Overdrive Member

Ebay, there is a link on bad z28s tunnel ram thread. It should work with any thing.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:59 AM
ATM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 78maro
Hey where did you goto disney at orlando or anaheim? I manage 6 hotels in the anaheim are near disney so if any of you ever need to come into anaheim I can get you all very good prices and depending in the season a couple of free nights. I just thought I would offer incase any one is planning a vacation
We went to Orlando area. I've never been to California before. Someplace I'd like to visit for sure. I'm thinking 8 times at Disney in 10 years is enough though. If I go to California it will be to Yosemite National Park. I really love the outdoors, and try to bring my kids hiking and stuff all around here, I'd like our next vacations to be outdoors related. Half Dome, Bryce Canyon, Yellowstone, and once my little guy is old enough, a raft trip through the Grand Canyon.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your camaro today