What did you do to your camaro today

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 09:05 AM
ATM
3rd Gear Member

I'm kicking around removing my marker lights in my car. Someone made a post about getting hassled by the cops for it. I really can't see them pulling over a modified rarely driven hot rod and handing out tickets for that, but you never know with cops. Anyone have any input on it?

Old 02-25-2011, 09:23 AM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by ATM
I'm kicking around removing my marker lights in my car. Someone made a post about getting hassled by the cops for it. I really can't see them pulling over a modified rarely driven hot rod and handing out tickets for that, but you never know with cops. Anyone have any input on it?
I'd be shocked if they even knew whether it was supposed to have them or not. Most aren't that knowledgeable about what years had side marker lights.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:26 AM
Overdrive Member

Agreed, to ,most we just drive old cars.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Spent the day removing every bolt in the front and rear suspension that didn't have a locking nut on it, and Lotite the threads, then replacing it. I've found some that already tried to work loose, and sincee the rearend is still out I figured it would be time well spent.
All the steering rods have locking nuts on the adjustment, plus the heims on the ladder bars, and panhard bar. Calipers and brakes all use locking nuts, so they are fine. Springs use double nuts on shackles and pivot points, so also good.
Did a little more painting inside the tilt frontend to get it looking good, then rehung it. Nice and small, so I can lift the whole front end in one piece by myself.
Rearend guy called this morning and said he's putting it together now, and will call when it's ready to pick up. Once it's home I'll count the splines on my Dutchman axles and order the Richmond Powertrax locker for it, then wait for that to get here before I put the rearend back under the car. I've already purchased the Strange outboard bearing kit, so I'll put that in while waiting on the locker. Can't wait to see how she launches with the 4.56 gears under it!

Old 02-25-2011, 07:33 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Dropped my camaro to get its body wrk and paint job done today wont see it for about 2 weeks

Als got the block back from being cut now just waiting for my heads to come in

Old 02-26-2011, 01:25 AM
Overdrive Member

Well I been buying parts more than doing work. I have to get a stockpile going to get me through the summer. I also have been hard at work on the man cave. I went to get the Camaro from my dads on Sat. and bring it home. I woke up early to hit up my buddy for his trailer knowing that the forecast was calling for snow later in the day. It had been in the mid thirties all week and melted the 2' for snow we had so I though it was my time to do it. WRONG! By the time I got to my buddies the snow was starting. It though it would pass, WRONG again. We got 8" of snow in a little over 4 hours. So thats what I didn't do to my camaro today.

For parts I have pickup 2000 Camaro SS 12" rear discs, these are a direct bolt on. I got a new air cleaner, mini starter, bought my wheels (still waiting), got a bulk pack of dynamat, and cut a deal with a guy on Nasty for a set of kick panels that are molded to accept 6 1/2" speakers and a tweeter. Should be enough to get me to the 4th of July before I need parts.

The garage holy cow, talk about some work. It was 5* the other night when I decided to pull 75' of 6-4 romex wire from my house to the sub panel. Anyone who has dealt with this on a warm day will tell you this stuff is stiff. At 5* it doesn't want to bend at all. I also got the air compressor from hell and a Lincoln power mig 180. Now I'm in the middle of plumbing 1/2" galvanized pipe through the place. I'll have pics in my progress thread soon. Believe me this is gonna be nice shack for wrenchin.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:14 AM
ATM
3rd Gear Member

I really like those kick panels. I'll be picking some up, it will be a couple months or more though because I want to get my engine. I'm getting the block and rotating assembly, all new, and some vortec heads I think, still undecided though since they are the 1.94 valve version and I'd actually like bigger ones. The heads would also require me to get a new intake. So that part is still up for grabs.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:49 AM
2nd Gear member

Trying to get my heads on "Twisted Wedge II", but had to figure out how to deal with the snow.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:59 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

^ Hey, that's a nice idea. I spose you could get it toasty in there too with a little space heater cranking.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:06 AM
ATM
3rd Gear Member

I used to work on ATM machines like that. It would go from behind the ATM machine all the way to your other side of the lane in drive through configurations. I used a dual infrared heater that like mounted on top of a 20# propane tank and it would get it nice enough for a tee shirt in the dead of winter. We had like -15 temps not including the windchill one day and once we got the tent up in the wind and held down with those sandbags from Easy Up and fired up the heater, it was probably right around freezing, you could still see your breath, but survivable. It is an excellent way to make a temp shelter. Car looks nice btw, it has a tough look to it.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your camaro today