(LaBomba) My 69 Project

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 09:14 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Thank you sir.

I'm looking forward to that myself.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:40 AM
2nd Gear member

Your build sounds nice, I'm partial to the orange and black paint scheme as you can see from my avatar.

What about white stripes?

Old 04-18-2012, 07:27 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by bruce69camaro
Your build sounds nice, I'm partial to the orange and black paint scheme as you can see from my avatar.

What about white stripes?
I originally wanted Garnet Red with white stripes. I love the white stripes. The wifely frequency that kept buzzing in my ears kept insisting on black stripes with the red and that just didn't sound right to me. So, we compromised to orange with black stripes. Then that changed to the Rallye green with black stripes cause the car was originally Rallye Green and that was a pretty rare color. Then it changed to Antifreeze green with black stripes.

I'm having a really hard time deciding on the paint. It's because of that non-stop buzzing.

Is yours done? Man, if it is, that's got to be nice. Are they ever really done?

Last edited by dazed n confused; 04-18-2012 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Cause
Old 04-19-2012, 05:15 AM
2nd Gear member

You are so correct when you said "Are they ever really done"......

I don't think about one with a car can say that.

Mine right now is up on jack stands and we're going to be rebuilding the tranny before it hits the strip.

My car was originally Cortez silver, but my very first 69 Camaro was Lemans blue and I loved that color. I was dead set of blue w/ white stripes and the black vinyl top BUT my second choice was Hugger orange.

One day my engine builder buddy called me and said, that if I wanted to paint my car orange, he would donate the paint and how could I pass that offer up?

So now the car is orange and like you, I always wanted the famous "Z" stripes but what color? Keep in mind, I have a black vinyl top and most Camaro's with a vinyl top have the hockey stick style stripes, so now what.

I did a search on line for orange Camaro's and I found one that had a vinyl top and black "Z" stripes and it was way too much black. White stripes doesn't look good either, so I'm either going to leave it as is or go with a vinyl hockey stick stripe.

If your good at Photoshop or you know anyone, have them take a picture of you car and apply the colors that you want. That's what I did because once the color is on, it's too late and too expensive to change your mind.

I do agree with you on your first color choice, Garnet red with black stripes. My friend had a Chevelle that color and I also know a guy over on Team Camaro that has that color with the black stripes on his 69 and it is a very nice color combo.

Watch out for those fan blades those things will cut you real easy.......

Old 06-18-2012, 03:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Looking good.