Turbo Eclipse KILL,,, Story

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 10:10 PM
Ninja Administrator
Default RE: Turbo Eclipse KILL,,, Story

ORIGINAL: TheStig

ORIGINAL: importmd

man, you guys will fight this to the death..you win and so do your v6 camaros
TAKE THAT BACK OR IM COMMIN AT YOU LIKE A SPIDER MONKEY!!
IM ALL JACKED UP ON MT. DEW!

jk
fixed.... shake & bake

Old 02-29-2008, 10:12 PM
4th Gear Member

SPIDER PIG!!

Old 03-01-2008, 06:44 AM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: 95slvrZ28

Lee it's good to see you around every once in a while, you should come back more often!
Thanks, I try to get to these forums every day but mynew business is just absorbing my life right now -- 80 hours weeks every week -- and I seldom get days off, like yesterday.

and I really wasn't trying to get preachy. It's just that I've known several people including a co-worker about 15 years ago now that died when something went wrong streetracing, and I've had my own share of bad incidents that happened at the track,like an idiot in a riced out over-turboed Neon letting torque-steer push him into my lane, etc., that would have been a disaster on the street.

Anyway, no harm done to anyone and a nice thread. Frankly, I've seen some modded Eclipses that are beasts, but stock they are mild and most of their owners seem to spend all theirmoney on show, not go.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:58 AM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

ORIGINAL: 95slvrZ28

Lee it's good to see you around every once in a while, you should come back more often!
Thanks, I try to get to these forums every day but mynew business is just absorbing my life right now -- 80 hours weeks every week -- and I seldom get days off, like yesterday.

and I really wasn't trying to get preachy. It's just that I've known several people including a co-worker about 15 years ago now that died when something went wrong streetracing, and I've had my own share of bad incidents that happened at the track,like an idiot in a riced out over-turboed Neon letting torque-steer push him into my lane, etc., that would have been a disaster on the street.

Anyway, no harm done to anyone and a nice thread. Frankly, I've seen some modded Eclipses that are beasts, but stock they are mild and most of their owners seem to spend all theirmoney on show, not go.
Wow, 80hrs a week? What line of work are you in exactly, if you don't mind me asking?

And as for street racing, lining them up on a deserted street or parking lot in a warehouse district or on a seldom traveled country road late at night with no other cars around, or even lining up at a stop light with no traffic ahead, is all fine and dandy with me, but I agree, doing 100+ in a 45 with traffic around is absolutely retarded, and extremely irresponsible.

But I think the root of most street racing is because there just aren't very many 1/4 mile (or even 1/8 mile) strips anymore. I don't know of a single 1/4 mile strip within 200 miles of me, or even in my entire state. I know of one or two 1/8th mile strips that are still a pretty good ways away.

And I actually pulled on a N/A Eclipse in my old stock '98 4x4 Blazer one time

Old 03-01-2008, 09:04 AM
2nd Gear member

There's an 1/8th mile dirt strip sort of near me, does that count? lol.

Old 03-01-2008, 11:37 AM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: itcantbestephen

Wow, 80hrs a week? What line of work are you in exactly, if you don't mind me asking?

And as for street racing, lining them up on a deserted street or parking lot in a warehouse district or on a seldom traveled country road late at night with no other cars around, or even lining up at a stop light with no traffic ahead, is all fine and dandy with me, but I agree, doing 100+ in a 45 with traffic around is absolutely retarded, and extremely irresponsible.

But I think the root of most street racing is because there just aren't very many 1/4 mile (or even 1/8 mile) strips anymore. I don't know of a single 1/4 mile strip within 200 miles of me, or even in my entire state. I know of one or two 1/8th mile strips that are still a pretty good ways away.

First, I agree there is little danger in racing on a basically closed section of public road or a warehouse parking, etc.,lot late at night, particularly if you have a few friends to provide some help and watch, a fire extinguisher, etc. I've done enough of that, including going over 200 (in the 'vette) back last year on what was technically a public road even if it was inaccessible to the public at the time. It's the impromptu races on busy streets that get people killed -- usually its one that just goes longer than you expect - you are at a light and you think you can blow a guy off by several lengths within half a block but he hangs and you decide the grind it out and pretty soon you're side by side at over 100 mph on city streets: a recipe for disaster.

Anyway, I started a electric power engineering firm in July 2006 -- first just three of us working out of our homes and now we have two offices and 60 employees, and its been growing steadily, but it takesabout 80 hours a week plus a lot of travel, and I sort of had to drop most of my hobbies. I sold my 'vette last year because I never got to spend enough time with it. If my youngest son (27, service manager ata Ford dealer) didn't keep the Camaro up and running well, it would be languishing too. But its all to a good cause, as I think I will be able to retire in about another year. :-)

Old 03-01-2008, 12:27 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: robmnrd

There's an 1/8th mile dirt strip sort of near me, does that count? lol.
maybe for 4wheeler's [&:]

Old 03-03-2008, 01:46 AM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

ORIGINAL: itcantbestephen

First, I agree there is little danger in racing on a basically closed section of public road or a warehouse parking, etc.,lot late at night, particularly if you have a few friends to provide some help and watch, a fire extinguisher, etc. I've done enough of that, including going over 200 (in the 'vette) back last year on what was technically a public road even if it was inaccessible to the public at the time. It's the impromptu races on busy streets that get people killed -- usually its one that just goes longer than you expect - you are at a light and you think you can blow a guy off by several lengths within half a block but he hangs and you decide the grind it out and pretty soon you're side by side at over 100 mph on city streets: a recipe for disaster.

Anyway, I started a electric power engineering firm in July 2006 -- first just three of us working out of our homes and now we have two offices and 60 employees, and its been growing steadily, but it takesabout 80 hours a week plus a lot of travel, and I sort of had to drop most of my hobbies. I sold my 'vette last year because I never got to spend enough time with it. If my youngest son (27, service manager ata Ford dealer) didn't keep the Camaro up and running well, it would be languishing too. But its all to a good cause, as I think I will be able to retire in about another year. :-)
You sold the vette!?!

Good luck on the retirement! You sound like a busy man, too bad the extra money you have doesn't let you play with your toys.

Speaking of electrical engineering, I'm a freshman in Electrical and Computer engineering, wanna give me an intership over the summer
We can talk cars in our free time [8D]