VS Cars going head to head!

this is kinda sad really....

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 02:49 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: this is kinda sad really....

same with gm though, with the fall of the chevelle in 73, im not sure who gave that car the green light.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:52 PM
Ninja Administrator

the camaro looked nothing like the stang.....

Old 08-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Banned

Same with Ford and everyone. The 70's were not a great year for any cars, I think; the Mustang especially. At least it survived the drought and is still here today. Now with the retro look of the S197 and it's success, everyone wants a piece of the action again. Shocker.....

We'll see who is still around in a few years.

This isn't even my point. My beef is with the posers. If you like Chevy better than Ford; fine. However, if you really think a 3800 V6 Camaro is superior to a Mach 1; well, I guess the level of intellect you were born with is punishment enough.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:56 PM
3rd Gear Member

Not directly, no. The Mustang was introduced to the public in a college campus in 1964 because it was targeted at young people and was meant to be affordable. The pricier Vette was always aimed at a different social and economic group of people. I'm sure Ford wanted to get in on the sports car market, but not at the same plateau that the Vette was and IS.

The Camaro came out 2-3 years after the Mustang looking like it; priced the same, etc. Not to say GM was the only one. In the late 60's, Dodge/Plymouth introduced a bunch of affordable muscle cars, too. All geared at each other; not the Vette.
thisis all true, but you know that ford and chrysler were trying to knock down the vette, still are

Old 08-21-2008, 02:56 PM
3rd Gear Member

No don't ban or lock!! This is one of the funniest post I've read in a long time!! My 2 cents?! Ok yea the Stang was out before the Camaro but how do you know that the camaro wasn't already on paper? Don't know, don't care they are here. Not baggin on the Stang it has it's ups and downs just like the camaro does. "The Camaro isn't made anymore!" bla bla bla! I've heard this so many times my butt stinks!!! That's not the case anymore and even us old pushrod LT1's can take on the new edge and beat it. The Stang is a good car and I've read comments similar to any of these made here that were from Stang fan boys so get someone to change your diaper and lets move on!

Old 08-21-2008, 02:57 PM

I dunno about some of you guys but I rather see a guy driving around in a mustang than some dumb honda civic or hyundia accent with a fat tact and under glow thinking hes in the fast and the furious. I rather see a guy driving a v8 muscle car that has been in the country's history for the past 44 years. I may not be a mustang guy but I rather see those out there smoking ricers than seeing nothing but ricers. As an LS1 owner I need something that can atleast give somewhat of a challenge . While a lot of people may hate mustangs on here there are a lot out there that could eat an LS1 for breakfast and vis versa. Its just a rivalry between the big 2 here in America, but as soon as i see evos and sti's starting to take over I rather see mustangs... just my $.02

Old 08-21-2008, 03:04 PM
3rd Gear Member

fast and furious cars **** me off, lucky for me they are dying fast in my area. i have no problem with mustangs, evo's or sti's all nice cars. although the only cars around here that try to race me are v6 stangs with dual exhaust(sounds like poop)

Old 08-21-2008, 03:05 PM
Banned

Specter: I think they did. The had very similar lines. Once the Mustang II came out (which I dislike terribly), they started to develop their own personalities. In the late 60's and early 70's, they were very alike, IMO.

As far as Ford and Dodge trying to take down the Vette; I doubt it. If they are, keep trying and try harder. Ford isn't going to do it with a Mustang, and Dodge sure as hell ain't gonna do it with a Challenger.

As far as me getting diapers and moving on: Whenever you guys are ready. I'll be banned (again) sooner than later and I don't plan on returning. So get in your cheap shots while you still can.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:09 PM
3rd Gear Member

GT500 or ST8 Challenger? both making lots of power, both priced around the same of a C6? the Ford GT, viper? back in the 60's the big cubic inch motors in small cars at half the price of a corvette?

Old 08-21-2008, 03:10 PM

Just so everyone knows the mach 1 owner is USMCrebel and happens to belong to the mustangforums.com site and that camaro was really modded cams+ stall, gears, tires, etc. I give props to the maro owner for modding his car and knowing how to drive. But to say the mach 1 is slow for a v8 is just Stupid nonesense. And to top it off you guys just decided to bash the car for no reason other than it is a mustang

Quick Reply: this is kinda sad really....