3rd Gear Member
Default RE: had some fun last night with other camaros

yea the attitude of i can beat ur car that puts out over 150 more hp then mine

Old 08-21-2008, 02:49 PM
2nd Gear member

exactly.
and ive noticed
when u talk to them and FINALLY get them to realize that your maro is better than their civic... they STILL have to find some way their car is better.
'well my car gets liek twice as much mpg as yours'
thats the response i get.
lmao.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:03 PM
DeZ
1st Gear Member

i never talked to a ricer full convo that is. but my cusion is bi-riced. he did own a 91 gt stang. but when i got my eclipse 150 stock hp. he thought it was the meanest **** on the ridge due to his own words "i can tell it runs with the way it shifts" haha. but now he owns a 95 cavy he claims he can beat my z with a short straight where i cant "get my top speed". dumb.

but what i find most funny about ricers are when they are infront of the light with other cars they have to "try" and take off wide open. but funny part is time they are going to 3rd or 4th hell im still half way through 1st.

but the most dumbest ricer ive ran into was when my mom drove a grand am and she passed a laser on the parkway he gets pissed and gets all road rageous, even when he passed us he just barely crept by. funny part was later that day we seen him get pulled over haha.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:34 PM
3rd Gear Member

i hate the i almost had u yea sure i was at the track and lined up wit a 350z a respectable car but i ran 13.5 and he ran 14 somthin and after he comes to me and says i almost had u if i didnt spin the tires and i said yea and my car runs 13.1 wen smokes not pouring out of the wheel wells and he just walked away i actually hav video of the race but dont no how to get it on here

Old 08-21-2008, 03:44 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

Old 08-22-2008, 12:40 AM
In the Staging Lanes

[/quote]
if a lt1 or ls1 was for sell for 4k or under. their is something wrong with them. i looked at a 96/5 trans am 6k really couldnt shift gears without powerarming. come to find out the odo been ****ed with.

i paid 3750 for my 3.4 ( traded in so my mom could have a car ) after i was driving it home i seen 2 gt's for almost the same price 2/300 +. if go by the engine to price, a half used ls1 should be between 10 to 18+. also it depends on the city.

what would it a matter if 6's rode in a pack? never know what they are packing. stock for stock 3.8 wise they will rape about anything that is thrown into their playground.

[/quote]

i paid $3800 for my old 94 Z28, and it had a brand new paint job, 6 speed, ran good.

now my current 02 SS is another story, i paid 12k for it, PERFECT condition, 20k original miles. that is still quite a steal though.

Old 08-22-2008, 03:59 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

I have seen a few LT1 cars in the 4-5K range in fair shape. I have also found a few good running 3800 in the 3-4K range. You can find good deals any where if you are willing to wait and look hard enough. . And RED is right. No the six is not a V8 killer but it still packs a fair punch for its price tag. Remember it is a low 15 second car stock. That is very respectable for a engine and platform that has been out since the mid 90s. To day they are still a match for most of the mid line cars. Civic SI, VW GTI, Sentra Spec V, 4th gen 2.4 lancer and eclipse. etc. I would have to say for the money the 3800 is not a bad car to pick up on a budget. Still looks good and gives fair perfomace with out the full cost of a LT1 or LS1.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:02 PM
DeZ
1st Gear Member

No the six is not a V8 killer
i dont think unless i missed something that red said it was. but a 3.8 can beat a 5.0 stock to stock. a 5.0 runs what? somewhere in the mid or upper high 14s? the tme diff can be made up on the launch. just takes a good driver. but from a roll 5.0.

on a budget? some people want a v6 not every owner wish their car was a v8.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:14 PM
2nd Gear member

"some people want a v6 not every owner wish their car was a v8". where do you get your info from my friend, now your talking out of ur ..butt, plz stop talking now thnk you.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:53 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Whoa, another V6 vs V8 thread This is just annoying these days. And I would have my sixer over any v8 any day, especially when I build the stroker nitrous engine for it. V8's are boring old news, anyone can make one go fast.

Quick Reply: had some fun last night with other camaro's