New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

New Member - Hello from Northern California.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 07:46 PM
Default New Member - Hello from Northern California.

Hello there!

Name’s Kevin. The reason my handle is NormaB is because that’s my 5th grade teacher’s name - actually Norma Brooks. She is (or was) the daughter of Ellis Brooks who owned a dealership by that name. Visit the showroom and get a free can of Folger’s Coffee! I think I’ll name the car NormaB.

Anyway, Miss Brooks had a new Impala SS from Dad every year, until the Camaro came along. She had a Marina Blue RS with the custom blue interior, hideaway headlights, white pinstripes, and a first to be seen white vinyl top. Somewhere there’s a commercial, “The Camaro will make you absolutely mod!” Think Peter Max, bell bottoms, and Sargent Pepper. You get the drift. Been thinking of the purchase out of Baby Boomer Nostalgia.

Anyway, I’m getting a Marina Blue RS just like Miss Brooks’ except black custom interior, black vinyl top, and hideaway headlights (which aren’t working).

It’s an older restoration, not a full on roterisserie.

It has a 327 off a Corvette, 375hp, and rebuilt extensively by some reputable fellow in Indiana. It’s got a hot cam, Also, Rallye wheels off a Corvette. Flowmasters, new suspension, 10 bolt 3:55. Unfortunately for me, it still has the Powerglide which I personally don’t like. No offense to those that love theirs.

First thing I will do is add Vintage Air, and some kind of transmission swap.

Attached are a couple preliminary pics.

I’m looking forward to learning lots on this forum.

Thanks from Kevin

ps: the center vent on the Vintage Air is ugly. If I buy a stock center vent, will it work. Can I just have 2 vents on each bottom corner? Transmission suggestions - either auto or manual?