1978 Camaro Project.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 10:30 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default 1978 Camaro Project.

I have two project cars at the moment. Here is my first one which is nearly done.

Replaced the 308 with a 350....That's the only engine mods i've done.

When i got the car the interior was horrid. Upon purchasing the car a family of squirrels were relocated.

here are some pics of the work done thus far on the interior of the car.

(Above) Painting Prep

(Above) Some Panels Painted

(Above) New Center Console

(Above) New Carpet

Last edited by Bing; 05-02-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:42 PM
July 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Looks like a nice project, the floors are in good shape.

you going with black interior w/red carpet? keep the pics comming

joe

Old 05-03-2010, 04:39 PM
In the Staging Lanes

yeah, the color scheme is red carpet, black panels and a bit of white around the top of the car. The seats are white\red.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:25 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Very nice! Paint looks great!

Old 05-03-2010, 05:46 PM
ATM
3rd Gear Member

Looks like a great project. Seems solid. What is the blue stuff on the floors package tray area? What is the center console, home made? What is it going to look like?

Old 05-03-2010, 10:39 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Where'd you put the squirrels?

Old 05-04-2010, 07:39 PM
In the Staging Lanes

The blue stuff is the prep material you lay down before flooring your house. I'm using it in place of sound dampening material. I've placed it where i removed previous sound dampening material and i've placed it over places i thought "sharp" and might rub raw whatever was placed over it.

The center console is homemade. Fiberglass baby! right now i'll i've got is what you see, which is the skeleton of to console. It won't have the curves that the original had, but be very box like, like you see. The gear shift will go straight through it. It's gonna be real sleek with black leather (or vinyl) and maybe a touch of white for character.

As for the squirrels, they would have wound up in a stew but i had second thoughts after considering their diet was strictly acorns, wires, and foam from the backseat.

As for the paint, i've used car paint and heat resistant paint in hopes that it'll last. I'm not sure if panting the panels was as great an idea as i thought at the time, but i didn't want to spend the money, nor did i have the money at the time, to replace all the panels.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:23 AM
3rd Gear Member

Looks really good so far.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:27 AM
ATM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bing
The blue stuff is the prep material you lay down before flooring your house. I'm using it in place of sound dampening material. I've placed it where i removed previous sound dampening material and i've placed it over places i thought "sharp" and might rub raw whatever was placed over it.

The center console is homemade. Fiberglass baby! right now i'll i've got is what you see, which is the skeleton of to console. It won't have the curves that the original had, but be very box like, like you see. The gear shift will go straight through it. It's gonna be real sleek with black leather (or vinyl) and maybe a touch of white for character.

As for the squirrels, they would have wound up in a stew but i had second thoughts after considering their diet was strictly acorns, wires, and foam from the backseat.

As for the paint, i've used car paint and heat resistant paint in hopes that it'll last. I'm not sure if panting the panels was as great an idea as i thought at the time, but i didn't want to spend the money, nor did i have the money at the time, to replace all the panels.
Where did you get it? I've never seen it before. Who makes it?

Old 05-05-2010, 10:06 AM
In the Staging Lanes

it's underlayment for hardwood floors. You can get it at lowes or home depot and most any place that sells flooring supplies.

Here's exactly what it is

Quick Reply: 1978 Camaro Project.