New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Hey, new member here

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 09:24 AM
Default Hey, new member here

I have a 96 Z-28. I've owned it for 6 years and it's has some pretty cool options. It's metallic blue, graphite leather interior,T-tops, ASR, Powers seats and windows, polished factory rims(yeah the uglier ones not the 97+), the bar that goes over the top is color matched not black like previous years,bose farctory sound....wait a minute this sound alot like pretty much any other 4th gen camaro huh?

I've owned quite a few nice cars given my income at the time. My first car was a 64 chevelle basket case 4 dr that I bought working at burgerking 10 years back lol(but it had factory ac), my second car was a 64 olds cutlass 2dr hardtop(that thing had 9 interior lights and was pretty quick, cuz the 330 olds with some bolt ons in a freaking torque monster for the size), but by far I love my Z-28 the most. I miss the old cars now, but I like my 4th gen camaro the best because it's a perfect balance. You get the muscle car feel but with all the modern amenities. Even some of the work I've had to do on it was easier than my old muscle cars. Disc brakes are sooo much easier than messing with drums. Replacing the tranny mount was both super cheap and 10x easier than when I did it on my Cutty. The "go fast " parts for the lt1 are so common it's obscene. I'd trade it in a heartbeat for a clean boxy 65 chevelle ss or a 64/65 olds 442....but that ain't gonna happen and I'm perfectly happy with the cost/fun this car provides.I just hope I don't have to claim bankrupcy when I buy the 09 .

Old 08-17-2007, 09:39 AM
January 2007 ROTM
Default RE: Hey, new member here

Welcome to the forums and thx for registering with us.

Man that is one good story !! You have had some classics in your days.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:02 AM
Default RE: Hey, new member here

Yeah I've had some cool cars, but I missed out on the cheap deals our parents and grandparents had. The 64 chevelle and cutlass I bought were both bought through good friends, so I lucked out. The sale of the cutlass provided the down payment for my Camaro and for the first time I owned a car that wasn't older than me lol.

My Dad had a sleeper 66 lemans when I was a kid. Fire engine red, with the 389 3x2bbl. So many people got shut down thinking it had the 326 like the badges on the sides suggested. I have a bunch of cool racing stories that some of the "old timers" have told me. I'll make a thread after I get a few more posts under my belt...they are great stories.