New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

After 25 Years I finally bought another Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 11:41 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default The Holley Sniper is the industry stsndard.....

Originally Posted by 2er0brd
a console for sure and gauges, yup, that is on the list. My first upgrade will be discs in the front with a power booster, put some V8 springs as the current ones seem to have some "spreaders" to help with the V8 weight I guess. And then upper and lower A arm bushings. I've also noticed it is running an edlbrock carb and when making u-turns seems the fuel bowls in the carb swish a bit too much and she wants to stall, so maybe going with a Sniper EFi may make it a more enjoyable drive. is there any particular EFI unit you guys have more confidence in than the Sniper?
I really would bet you the cost of the Sniper that ypu will love it. I looked through a lot of different systems online, and they are all Summit or Summit-Holley, or Holley Sniper. It costs $1009.00 for a new Sniper with the tuner for air- fuel mix, MAF sensor settings, etc. I am not familiar with the set up....but get this. For $1000, you never have to worry about fuel delivery. It looks like a 4 barrel carb, but up the Appalachian Mountains (I am in VA) it automatically adjusts for altitude. No more stalling at altitude or around sharp corners.
UsSniper is the way to go. The Holley people will guide you to the correct unit for you. Just think. You get up to 50 MORE HP with injection. I would also get some modern suspension on it.If they blocked the suspension that is a cheap way of changing the ride height. It is generally unsafe and should be near the top of the list next to steering and braking.
It's a BEAUTIFUL CAR!!! Just it's age makes me wonder about rust. Make that #4
I love helping people. I will look out for your post's on the forum..

-Chris

I have been talking with two different people about two different cars. Sorry if anyone was offended. I just provided a list of honest people to care for you're numbers matching car....then someone else had just a clone. So I got confused.
Sorry

Last edited by CamroChris; 10-14-2021 at 04:55 PM. Reason: I am an idiot