New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

After 25 Years I finally bought another Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 08:49 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default After 25 Years I finally bought another Camaro

Hi guys, I am new to the Forum. After 35 years and many cars in between, I have finally purchased another Camaro. My last one was a 69 SS and this one is an RS Convertible, 327, Manual Clone. She is in fairly good shape as the past owner had her for 16 years and kept her as his weekend grocery getter. Of course it needs a few things done so that is what brings me to the forum. For starters I need to put Disc brakes and a booster if I ever want to stop. Second of all it needs an EFI kit, some A arm bushings and maybe a new clutch. The paint and interior are an 8+ over all and the motor sounds nice and healthy. I welcome all suggestions on which path to start on.
thanks

The interior

Top down is my favorite

Old 08-22-2021, 09:09 PM
4th Gear Member

Welcome aboard,nice ride.

Old 08-23-2021, 03:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Welcome and congratulations on your beautiful ride! May you receive years upon years of faithful service from your Camaro. Safe driving and happy modding!

Old 08-23-2021, 09:19 PM
In the Staging Lanes

thanks for the warm welcome. I will post more pictures as the project progresses.

Old 08-24-2021, 03:30 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Hey that looks kinda familiar..
Since its a clone anyway a console and set of gages would sure look nice in that interior.

congrats

Old 08-25-2021, 09:44 PM
In the Staging Lanes

a console for sure and gauges, yup, that is on the list. My first upgrade will be discs in the front with a power booster, put some V8 springs as the current ones seem to have some "spreaders" to help with the V8 weight I guess. And then upper and lower A arm bushings. I've also noticed it is running an edlbrock carb and when making u-turns seems the fuel bowls in the carb swish a bit too much and she wants to stall, so maybe going with a Sniper EFi may make it a more enjoyable drive. is there any particular EFI unit you guys have more confidence in than the Sniper?

Old 09-01-2021, 01:40 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default She is gorgeous! Top down IS nice.

Is the suspension updated or is it stock? I highly recommend a set of Bilstein coilovers for modern RS performance to match its beautiful exterior. Since it is a clone, it shouldn't hurt the value. I also have an RS clone! Upgrading the suspension is the single best thing I did, and Bilsteins are made in Germany and tested on the Nurburgring. Other than that...just hope it has front disks. 4 wheel disks preferably. Are upgrades already done? Or is is it restored and kept stock except for what it needed to be an RS clone?

I have a Gen 6 but it started as a bone stock LT. This post is aboit yours but...had to show you!! Just bought it in April

Old 09-01-2021, 01:46 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default The Edelbrock EFI unit is great

I'm sorry. I am new here too and didn't read that disk brakes are already on your list. My neighbor has a 68 with a 327 and he runs an Edelbrock EFI unit. He loves it and said it gave him a lot of power and smoothed out the idle and over-all; he loves it.

Old 10-11-2021, 10:22 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default God it is beautiful! 327 with a nice cam is it with efi

Get the Sniper EFI kit. But you hace to check and have all the bushings greased and fix the clutch before efi and that kind of stuff. Get it on a lift. Look for frame rust. Get it fixed and make sure the extra bracing for a convertible isn't rusted on the inside or anywhere. I am SCARED of rust. It kills your structural integrity.
So just hace a trusted tech put together a list and do the things that mske sense like the A arm bushing and clutch, pressure plate, and throwout bearing. Disc brake conversion on all 4 wheels. A good set. I don't like the Powerstop setup. It looks kind of weird. The calipers don't look beefy enough or something. They are very affordable.
Do you see how expensive this can get? I think these 7k in upgrades will make you very happy. Stopping is good. 😆.

Old 10-14-2021, 05:54 AM
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the club.
Very nice Camaro Enjoy her.

Quick Reply: After 25 Years I finally bought another Camaro