New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Hey everybody!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2020, 12:46 AM
Default Hey everybody!!!

Not entirely new to the Camaro World, as I've had mine for about 3 years now, but I still count that as a new guy still. I definitely have a lot more to learn. Anyway, what's up guys/girls. I'm hoping to learn a lot more about these cars that will eventually allow me to build the ole' LS1, throw a built 8.8 or S60 under the rear end, a new clutch, and turbo the car using a Huron Speed V3 A/C kit. I'm pretty mechanically inclined so that's a plus.

Anyway, on to my car. It's a 2002 SS in Navy Blue Metallic. I bought it 3 years ago. When I bought it, it had JBA shorty headers, a tune, Magnaflow exhaust, short shifter, and some BMR suspension pieces. The paint and interior were completely shot. As were the tail lights, which I now know are a common problem with these cars. Over these past few years I have added more BMR suspension pieces, replaced the cracked dash pad with an OEM one and a Grandpa dash mat to cover it, replaced the interior seat covers and foam, added LT1 tail lights, drilled and slotted rotors, Hawks pads, painted calipers, replacednthe wiper motors and lift mechanisms, hatch struts, Whistler style headlights with LEDs, Morimoto fog lights, and a lot of other basic fixes. The Big one....HAD IT REPAINTED. Anyway, just wanted to say hi to everyone. I haven't been on a forum in years. At least since the age of Smart phones. I was glad to see the forum let me upload pics via my phone. I'll see everyone around. I also appreciate everyone before me on this forum who has no doubt done all the work already that will easily allow me to learn.

Time to post the before and after pics.

Old 03-08-2020, 01:01 AM
Default And now after I have done a little work to her.

A great foundation had already been laid. The car just needed some attention and care. So that's what I have done. I'm now to the stage that I'm ready to do some serious mechanical work to the engine, swap out the rear end, and probably build the T56 a little more. That's why I'm here!! To le aw rn more about it. Time to get off my butt and make things happen. There is nothing wrong with the car!!! It drives and handles beautifully. I'm just ready for more. It's been a fun ride. I even got into my Duramax a little bit but it's time to get back into the Camaro some more.

Old 03-08-2020, 10:03 AM
4th Gear Member

Awesome! Nice to have another 4th gen SS owner in the house.
Great job bringing her back she looks great.
I've been down a similar path with suspension and engine mods but my '01 was a low mileage car at only 86K so the body and interior was still very nice.
I bought this baby for a 60th b-day present to myself 3 1/2 years ago to replace the 222K mile '93 Z28 I had at the time.
She just turned 93K miles so still low mileage,not my daily so the miles are all just for fun.
Welcome to the forums,lots of brainiac motorheads in here to answer your questions,hang around and enjoy.

Old 03-09-2020, 11:39 AM
4th Gear Member

Welcome, to the Club and quite the transition - good job
Yes, nice in having another SS owner.
Here's mine, '02/6-spd/ 32K miles - named 'Rita'

No mods here, all stock. Tip: Get yourself a Haynes manual for reference.

Last edited by Everett#2390; 03-09-2020 at 11:42 AM.