LS Series Tech 1998-2002

Water Leak Experts ?? ,, HeLP !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 05:40 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by maudyZ28
cool, better than my running gear lol standard (until it breaks)

well on the manal there is a limit on cam size for gears, everything had to work as a package. but if you got a duration 240/240 or bigger @0.05" lift on a manaul with your gears it would suck. Power wouldnd really be optimum till 5000rpm + so really hard to drive. If you had an auto with a 4500 stall you could run this cam, drive it ok (ish) and be in the power when you hit the gas.

When comparing a stock stalled auto you are better to get a smaller cam than a manual. For example i dont want to go bigger than a 224/224 on my auto cause i would be out of the power for too long and it would bog at low rpms. Im a maual with your gears i dare say you could go with something as big a the torquer v2 or v3 from TSP. With a 231/232 duration, if i ran this on my auto i need a 3500 stall, cause thats where the powers at!

It depends what you want to drive, my daily driver oppinion my be different from yours or the next guys. Plus do you want an animal thats a ***** to drive slow and you can only drive fast, or a bit of a beast that is livable but have torque everywhere. I was gonna go big with everything but cant affort so im gonna get a nice mild/medium cam for useable torque and more hp over stock but not go crazy so the car stalls all the time in gear
I Live All The Way Here In Middle East .... 1 Cost i Got To Face Here is SHIPPING !! ..... so tuning my car would go about too expensive .... so i thought .... to get an LSX with 700HP .... (racewayengines.com/lsx_454_ss_700hp2nd.htm)
on my tranny & get an S-60 diffrential ...... !! Ur Honest Opinion please ??

Old 11-20-2009, 05:42 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Exclamation

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
You sure you're not weaping at the water pump? Check that...
changing the engine on the garage gaurentee + a new water pump install as we speak .....

Old 11-21-2009, 09:13 AM
3rd Gear Member

glad there changing the engine.

Well i live in UK so i gotta face shipping too. My suspension set up cost twice as much do to taxes over here and shipping to the UK and then carrage in the UK, nightmare.

That engine looks a beast and would be crazy awesome. It depend what you want though, if you have that sort or money to throw at the car is shipping an issue? It would be pretty unique so if you want to go for it do it. I dunno how much work it woul be to put in, but everything can be done

Old 11-22-2009, 08:28 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Cool

Originally Posted by maudyZ28
glad there changing the engine.

Well i live in UK so i gotta face shipping too. My suspension set up cost twice as much do to taxes over here and shipping to the UK and then carrage in the UK, nightmare.

That engine looks a beast and would be crazy awesome. It depend what you want though, if you have that sort or money to throw at the car is shipping an issue? It would be pretty unique so if you want to go for it do it. I dunno how much work it woul be to put in, but everything can be done
well money aint the issue if invested well ..... only issue will be faced is wear & tear in the long-run + tune .... i dont think people here have played with this sort of engine !! + ++++ ... although im thinking of checking in the bank for a personal loan even if it take .... i like the way u mentioned (UNIQUE & BEAST)