LS Series Tech 1998-2002

Water Leak Experts ?? ,, HeLP !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 10:05 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Angry Water Leak Experts ?? ,, HeLP !!

99 camaro ls1
Hey Guyz .... 2 liters of water every day in my radiator .... it wont take long before the world notices my camaro drunk all the water on earth ??

No appearent leaks ... heater canceled heads gasgets changed .... 6months before i changed my radiator to a new LT1 rad still i am loosing coolant ......???????????

Now its been in & out of the garage for almst 8 moths because of this .... IM FED UP Spending Cash on fixing .... help please !! BTW THERE IS NO THERMOSTAT NOW ... ITS DIRECT FLOW =/ .....

Same isue with my AC .... cant find the leak of gas ... i might start praying for miracles now =s

Old 11-08-2009, 10:56 AM
3rd Gear Member

ok, so no leaks visible

I assume when you have the coolant full in the car in same spot not running the level is the same an hour or so later? no water on the floor

With the car now running at idle but stationary, after 10 mis or so has the level changed? Is there any smoke from the exhaust (white) or water under the car now?

If the car is stationary, running at high idle 2000 ish, does the level change after a few mins? any leaks on floor or exhust smoke? Or on reving up does it blow smoke?

Is your oil milky light brown?

Does it the water only go down after a drive?

Sorry to ask thes simple questions but i just need to gather a bit more info on exactly what is happening, even though the head gaskets have been changed you could very likely have duff gaskets or a warped head if there are no leaks as you ARE still burning the water

Old 11-08-2009, 04:48 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by maudyZ28
ok, so no leaks visible

I assume when you have the coolant full in the car in same spot not running the level is the same an hour or so later? no water on the floor

With the car now running at idle but stationary, after 10 mis or so has the level changed? Is there any smoke from the exhaust (white) or water under the car now?

If the car is stationary, running at high idle 2000 ish, does the level change after a few mins? any leaks on floor or exhust smoke? Or on reving up does it blow smoke?

Is your oil milky light brown?

Does it the water only go down after a drive?

Sorry to ask thes simple questions but i just need to gather a bit more info on exactly what is happening, even though the head gaskets have been changed you could very likely have duff gaskets or a warped head if there are no leaks as you ARE still burning the water

THANKYOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE !!

1 no visable leaks ..... looosing coolant even when idle .... no smoke .... engine oil cap feels like water ... but no milky stuff although it feels wet like water from the inner/cap

NO LEAKS ON THE FLOOR NOTHING VISABLE ... LIKE GHOSTS ARE LIVIN IN MY BLOCK =O

Old 11-08-2009, 04:59 PM
3rd Gear Member

very very strange. sometimes there is mosture in the cap, but thats normal, but not to have milky/sludge or thin oil?

ok, so i i assume the head gaskets are ok, then do you have the correct mix 60% ish water 40% ish anti freeze? if not the water will boil off as the antifreeze acts like a modifier

Is the radiator cap solid and sealed, does anywhere in the engine bay steam? the water could be vapourising if there is not enought pressure in the system, is there pressure in the radiator hoses high or can you squeeze them without resistance?

man, its using a stupid amount of water and it would be in your oil if its the head gaskets. out of interest what have the local mechnics said???

Old 11-08-2009, 05:10 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Wahahahaha Problem here is our famous dragter on the strip & another midlevel garage are stunned & knows **** 100% ........ my rad is full with tap water & no mixture .. the hoses are hard enough it burned my face 2 days ago when i poped up my rad cap !!

Old 11-08-2009, 05:14 PM
3rd Gear Member

did it steam out???? or water .

you need to drain half off and put in antifreeze too, have you replace the water pump, and maybe it would be an idea to put the stat back in.

when did it start loosing water??

Old 11-08-2009, 05:20 PM
In the Staging Lanes

you might start laughing now .... i just swapped my engine 1 month ago ... i am facing the same issue 3 months ago .... i swaped my rad2 months ago per say !!

Old 11-08-2009, 05:22 PM
In the Staging Lanes

2 things are left BLOCK , WATERPUMP .... & still dunno where this goes next ??

Old 11-08-2009, 05:27 PM
3rd Gear Member

what a nightmare! ok its defo NOT the engine it cant be , unless you very unlucky to get two engine with the same problem. There is definitly something fishy about you cooling system. I'd still put some antifreeze in i know its expensive but it should have some in, somewhere the car is burning the water.

Let me ask a few people my grandad is an old school mechanic and he'l have a few ideas too. Ill get back t you tomorrow sometime, i live i UK so its like 11.30 now so im off to bed.

Let me know everything you can about the cooling system you mention a heater delete? what exactly has been done to it?

Old 11-08-2009, 05:31 PM
In the Staging Lanes

LS1 HEATER CANCLED 2 hose for the heater connection are dissconnected & blocked ...... thanks bro tc

Quick Reply: Water Leak Experts ?? ,, HeLP !!