Intake, Headers, and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Any additions to flowmasters?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Default Any additions to flowmasters?

Is there any additional parts I can add to a stock engine with FLOWMASTERS to make it sound more loud and aggressive? If so, please tell me what I can add. Thanks!

Old 03-27-2007, 01:21 AM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: Any additions to flowmasters?

Headers for sure...

Exhaust pipe diameter

If you have cats either !cat or hi-flow cats

Air Intake (depends on your car old: High flow filter w/ filter assembly new: CAI)

Cam

Old 03-27-2007, 09:11 AM

this may seem like a dumb question but, since my engine is straight stock (disregarding the flowmasters), do you happen to know if i have cats in there? and if not, is it possible for me to hook cats up to the flowmasters still? and what brands do you suggest for the cam, cats, and headers?

Old 03-27-2007, 01:08 PM
1st Gear Member

yes you do have cats, and depending on where you live, regarding emmisions, You could either cut your cats off or replca them with high-flow cats. If youcut them off, you would not be able to pass emmisions tests. If you get high-flow cats you would be able pass. Headers, i would get these flowtechs, you cant beat the price, http://www.sdparts.com/product/FLT11...beHeaders.aspx

As for a cam it depends if your car is a daily driver or notbut, if i were you i would get the exhaust and intake squared away before you worry about a cam.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:31 AM
4th Gear Member

Yes, where do you live?

Magnaflow, Carsound, and Catco make cats...
If you just have the flowmaster muffler, then I'd recommend getting the whole, larger diameter, mandrel bent Cat-Back...Borla, Magnaflow make good kits...
As for headers, seeing you have a nice SS, get some good ones (ceramic coated if you have the money)

and for a cam...no offense when I say this, but if you have to ask, then it's prob over your head...not an easy bolt on, lots of tearing down and labor involved...

Old 03-28-2007, 03:08 AM

i live in the bay area in california. so there is the emissions test here which means there are some things i can't put in my car, if i was to put in a high-flow cat back system, will that be able to pass smog? and where can you find the larger diameter cat back systems? like any online store or anything that has pretty good and reasonable pricing? and what brand do you suggest for the headers?

Old 04-02-2007, 08:38 AM

Does anybody know where I can find a CAT-BACK (not the whole complete system though) that I can hook up to my FLOWMASTERS for my 2001 Camaro SS? Because I can't seem to find the cat-back WITHOUT the whole system. Because I do know the whole system comes with the mufflers and exhaust tips and such, but I already have the Flowmaster muffler and tips. And I just wanted to add a cat-back to it instead of replacing the WHOLE system and having the Flowmasters go to waste... Can anybody help me out on where I can find them and the price range on them?

Old 05-01-2007, 01:07 AM
1st Gear Member

headers

Old 05-01-2007, 02:47 AM
4th Gear Member

You don't want a CAT-BACK then

You want an INTERMEDIATE PIPE

search it on summitracing.com