Engine & Internal Cams, heads, valvetrain, rotating assemblies. Chat about beefing up your insides here.

Rhoads lifters and warrantys

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Default Rhoads lifters and warrantys

Each time I askabout using Rhoads lifters withany of the diffirentcam makers cams.I got a song anddance about how their lifters are made just for their cams and that it's better to use their lifters. When I called Rhoads their answer was their lifters Would Not void the warrenty of any of these companies.Anyone run into a problem like this ,and was there a problem withyour warrenty?

Old 02-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Tech Droid
Default RE: Rhoads lifters and warrantys

You have to read the warranty papers that come with the cam. If it states that you must use their lifters, then you will void the warranty if you use some other brand. They issue the warranty and you have to go by their rules.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:40 PM

pete, if the cam makers sell cams less lifters ? how dothey then hold you to their warranty. if using Rhoads lifters voids the warranty of these companies, why are Rhoads lifters thought of as atop of theline lifter. I understand Warranties and how they can to applied to a item. but most of the time when top of the line items (such as Rhoads liftersare used along with a after market cam Crane) are used together and both are SAE and SEMA ranked parts.I can't see why this would voideather warranty(Edelbrockcarb. on a Dart intakedoes that void oneor both warranties?)Not looking to start a peeing contest, i just want the best liter and the best cam.
or am i wrong that Rhoadslifters?
reallyoldguy

Old 02-11-2007, 01:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Why would you not run the lifters that the cam maker sells with his cam?Both times thatI had a perforamce cam go flat was when I wasn't running the cam manufactures lifters...

Old 02-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Tech Droid

ORIGINAL: reallyoldguy

pete, if the cam makers sell cams less lifters ? how dothey then hold you to their warranty. if using Rhoads lifters voids the warranty of these companies, why are Rhoads lifters thought of as atop of theline lifter. I understand Warranties and how they can to applied to a item. but most of the time when top of the line items (such as Rhoads liftersare used along with a after market cam Crane) are used together and both are SAE and SEMA ranked parts.I can't see why this would voideather warranty(Edelbrockcarb. on a Dart intakedoes that void oneor both warranties?)Not looking to start a peeing contest, i just want the best liter and the best cam.
or am i wrong that Rhoadslifters?
reallyoldguy
I am not saying one is bad or the other is better, but it all depends on what is written on the warranty, and I don't know what the warranty states.If you are really concerned youcan always talk to a lawyer and get some legal advise.

One thing you should keep in mind; however, is that certain metal alloys will not work well with certain others, regardless of how well made the part is.

Old 02-11-2007, 10:51 PM

my reason for wanting to use Rhoads lifters is that they control lifter pump up at low rpm ,bleeding down around .025"( readinfo. on their site)and it allows you to run a little more cam and still make vac,. Rhoads has been around for some time www.rhoadslifters.comgive this a look see .because all I'm after is a better lifter for a GOOD cam.
pete,! if I buy a only camfromComp.Cam . Or anybody else i'm thinking they would be telling me if you don't use our lifters--no warranty big boy . maybeI'm not real smart but I would think that they would not sell onlycams and not inform the customer that without our lifters no warranty. and Ido know using used lifters is no no . that will shoot you warranty real fast. yet you can buy cams less lifters from any of this companies
before my life as a reallyold guy , I made my living as a Journeymen Millwright for 22 yrs and in the olden days
60's I was a ChevyDealerline mehanic. so I do remember somethings about metal and a few things about small blocks. now please remember this back then you bought a cam and you put a new set of lifters in both didn't always come from the same company? the fact is ifI was to run hyd lifters Iwould have torework them myself.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:36 AM
Tech Droid

Well, yes I recently put new stock lifters on a Crane cam and so far had no problems, but I wasn't concerned with the warranty, and as far as I can remember, there were no warranty papers with the box. Chances are a good company will stand behindits product, but you never know till it happens. Did you ask them to send you a copy of the warranty? Many times the people answering the phone don't know too much except for the price of a part.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:43 PM

like before I'm not sure why these companies do not just tell the buyer why you need their lifters. most likely the liters they offer are made by the really big parts houses -fed,mog ect.ect. 90% of the parts are made by them (to the spect. of the company selling ) the only reason I asked is to see if anyone here had a problem with this .unlike some gearheads i on a tight line with how much i can spent. and it's been a long-long time since i've built a engine street/strip this is the last one for me. to old dammd old . so you guys just keep the info. coming. pete you right about the parts guys on the phone called totimes to Comp.Cam first time the answer was no( called about springs with their 270 Magmun cam ) second time answer was yes.?? rog

Old 02-13-2007, 02:45 PM

called Rhoads Inc. had nice talk with a tech. that was a little long in the tooth like me!! we said that they (the Rhoads Company) had never had a problem with any cam companies warranty. he also told me that a while back thay worked with a few or the top names in cams with the idea improving both cam and lifter combos.?
i'm still here with my ears to the wall -to hear what you guys have to say .no way do i think i know it all .
thanks
rog