Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

Turtle ICE Products

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 02:05 PM
March 2008 ROTM
Default RE: Turtle ICE Products

just remember, that clay bar is NOT a cureall, it cleans the scratches, it dosent replace the paint in them, the scratched will come back. same with the fogging lights. It may clean them out for a bit, but it WILL be back. The only cure for them is to buy new headlight lenses and repaint..

not dissing on the clay at all, i used to liquid bar, wasnt a huge fan, didnt do much, but could have been any number of things that went wrong on my end with it.. never clayed before, so i didnt really know what i was doin. Im gona try an actual clay bar next time, prolly this fall.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:13 PM
3rd Gear Member

where can you get just the lenses for a camaro, i didnt know if you could do that or not, i would think it would be a hell of alot cheaper than replacing the whole entire headlight

Old 07-30-2007, 06:55 PM
March 2008 ROTM

might get lucky at a junkyard, or ebay

Old 08-02-2007, 06:34 PM

For polishing headlights and plastic I recommend using Mother's plastic polish, but use it with the Mini Powerball and a cordless drill. It makes a BIG difference in the way the plastic looks! I even ended up polishing the whole underside of my tinted hatch glass, because the previous owner never cleaned it after he got it tinted and the soapy window tint solution dried up there, so you can imagine after months of exposure to the sun it was a layer caked there over the window tint, had to recharge the drill battery 4 times though...

Old 12-01-2007, 07:32 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Toothpaste also gets that haze off... sounds crazy, but i tried it and it worked.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:36 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ORIGINAL: BlueZee28

ORIGINAL: The Banks

I noticed the Turtle Wax liquid claybar kit and was wondering if I should try it. Post up some pics of what this stuff can do.
I wouldn't recommend it. The Meguiar's clay bar kit has a much better effect on the paint. I'm not a huge fan of any of the I.C.E. products actually. I tried the liquid polish and the shine lasted for maybe 2 or 3 days and it was gone. And on top of that, it's really hard to get off. Applying it is easy, but rubbing it out and getting rid of the smear look is really hard. It doesn't wanna come off, yet it doesn't last long...go figure.

I dont understand why you're having a hard time getting it off.. its a spray on, wipe off detailer. I use it every time I wash my car and it wipes right off without any smears what so ever.. I've even used it with my car parked in direct sunlight with the surface really hot and it worked great.