Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Car In Pieces Must Get Stereo Working!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 12:02 PM
Default Car In Pieces Must Get Stereo Working!

Hey everyone ,

Last night I began installing two new front speakers and found it to be difficult ....it didn't help that it got dark out and I only had a flash light. I got the first speaker in, but the wires must have came loose as I placed the speaker back into its slot, so now I have to go back in there, connect the wires and install it again. I didn't want to take the entire door panel so I managed to lift the left side I needed and some how shove a ratchet onto the bolts (it probably took longer than if I wouldhave taken the panel off but of well) I know how annoying those clips can be ....I have a 95 camaro with crank windows...Does anyone know how to get the window crank handle off properly ? (I know how brittle plastic becomes after years so I didn't want to mess with it too much without knowing) I need to finish tonight because I left my car with bits, and bolts everywhere so after work I'll finish. Please, if anyone has done this install before and could walk me through it that'd be great otherwise the main thing I need to know is how to get that crank off so that I can get in there easier. One final thing ...it took me about 20 minutes just to find the right mm bit for the screws in the speakers ....tried 8mm, 6mm, 4mm, etc I think I finally found that a small 1/4 worked....whats everyone elses opinion? Thanks so much any help would be awesome!

Old 08-15-2008, 09:30 AM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: Car In Pieces Must Get Stereo Working!

Remove the door window regulator handle and spacer, as follows:[*]Remove the handle by pushing door handle clip remover J 9886-01 between the handle and the spacer to release the clip.[*]Remove the spacer from the spindle.[/ol]
Thats what autozone's repair guide says

Old 11-02-2008, 01:18 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Car In Pieces Must Get Stereo Working!

well thats one way, or u can just take a pick tool and pop the jesus clip out. it will probably go flying and ull scream, "jesus!" hence the name[:-]