Whats wrong with v6 my car then.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 07:13 AM
2nd Gear member

Um what was I supposed to search my car Is squeaking well that wont narrow the results so I made a video so that It was specific looking for help I didnt say I wasnt listening and I didnt argue I asked where a power steering pump was. Then.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:13 AM
1st Gear Member

I think what people are trying to tell you is to listen and read. This forum is so helpful and I cant tell you how many times it has saved me. I have read most of your threads and notice a common trend. Everytime someone tries to help you or give advice, you argue with them. Dont do that. Just listen. You will learn a lot. I am not trying to put you down just trying to help you not create anymore enemies. We all have a common interest here and it is our love for our camaros. This forum wouldnt be here if not. Everyone is here to help each other. So just take a step back, be mature, and try not to speak so much when you think.

Btw, I have a V6 with a flowmaster cat-back on it and does not sound raspy. I am getting ready to put headers with a new high flow cat on it. I have heard this combo on camaros and it does not sound raspy. It actually sounds like the bumble glass you mentioned. Dont believe me? then next time when I am in minnesota I will pass you and you feel your car shake.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:52 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 94ChevyCamaroV6
What are ya talking about ya work long hours then work on cars for fun was that sarcastic or making fun of my dad because thats how It came off then.
Junior, you need to cool it or those with experience won't help you. I have not seen one person on this forum attack you.

what part of my comment did you not understand?

I am away from home for weeks at a time because of my business. I put in 10-14 hour days when i am at home.

After that, for fun, I work on cars. I refer to that as my being a sicko. While most would like to chill out, I find peace in crawling underneath a project vehicle. We're all different.

So, tell me where in my comment I even addressed you or your dad? Twice now I've suggested that dad must have a friend who knows about vehicles.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:24 PM
2nd Gear member

Um I wasnt thinking I was coming off as arguing but there are people who this I was so If you think I did then I wasnt trying to. I dont see how I argue. I Just ask questions back about what they said. To try to make me understand a little more. I havent argue. I ask stuff In reply to try to get what they are saying. Actually I do have a clue how to fix cars and I didnt say I got sick when I start the car I said I get a headache there Is a pretty wide difference there. Then.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:30 PM
1st Gear Member

you get a headache because you ar breathing co2 from the exhaust leak witch by the way is getting sick and you can die from that YES DIE and no you have no clue on fixing cars (1) the alternator charges the battery thats its job so if its not charging the battery then its bad (2) you had to ask what a power steering hose is let me clue you in on this one its a HOSE THAT GOES TO THE POWER STEERING PUMP thats just 2 reasons why i said that these are things that would be learned in the first few weeks of a high school auto shop class basic stuff that most people with even the most basic skills would know thats why i said that do me a favor just pay someone to work on your car

Old 09-28-2011, 05:41 PM
2nd Gear member

I knew that alternator charged the battery and and It Isnt the alternator that Isnt changing the battery It Isnt the starter either Its a crappy battery because It has been charged multiple times I didnt say I didnt know what a alternator was I asked how to tell If the alternator was bad with a device etc. Then.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:39 PM
1st Gear Member

you cant even do a brake job for 250 i just did bothe axles on my z all raybestos rotors and pads i also replace the bolts and slides up front just the parts where 330 bucks not to mention the hour of my time. Then.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:10 PM
2nd Gear member

My brakes are fairly new because the previous owner had new brakes at some point when he had the car.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:00 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 94ChevyCamaroV6
I am trying to learn but It seems that ya guys are hating on my posts and Its annoying because most of It Is either rude or off topic and I think that Im not arguing but more of asking and questioning what there post Is so that I can get what they are saying better but then people keep posting stupid stuff like I should use my moms car like wtf Is people saying that for then.

it's quite simple

I'll use a real-lif example

My son's Z had its 3 month old waterpump spring a leak. I said to take it off, go get it replaced by NAPA on warranty. he didn't listen, drove it and it broke and showered the optispark (if you don't know what that is then search). He now had to use his own money to buy a new opti.

When reassembling, he went to fire up the car and it would not idle. It would crank but almost fire and then idle at about 300 rpm. He asked me to take a look at it.

I said, your timing's off, pull the opti and put it back on correctly. he insisted that the opti can't go on wrong and that wasn't it, and asked why I won't look at it.

He again asked and i repeated "pull the opti and put it on correctly". I walked into the house and he was mad at me.

45 minutes later I heard the sweet sound of an LT1 running fine

I went out and he looked at me with a smile and said "shut up"

I then helped him with other things we were doing

you suffer from the same thing. You are young and impetuous. My son did not want to listen to me at first but I walked away. He knew that I was not going to continue to help until he tried my suggestion. he tried it, got the car running and I was right back to helping him on the next item.

in case you haven't noticed, the more seasoned vets, myself included have walked away from you. That is what will happen here. We won't upset your testosterone level or play word games with you, we'll simply move on.

It's up to you to learn to listen and take advantage of the wealth of knowledge that exists by the posters here. Or, you can play the foolish pride thing, display yourself as being young and impetuous and you will see people just walking away from you

the ball as they say, is in your court

cheers

Last edited by torque_is_good; 10-01-2011 at 07:02 AM.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:31 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

And I'll follow up with this. Your squeak is coming from a belt driven accessory. I gave you a simple test to try and isolate which one is making the noise (that would be if a component itself is making the noise and not the belt) - by removing the serpentine belt and turning each pulley one by one by hand. And also rocking the belt tensioner up and down to see if it's worn/squeaking. Have you even done that much yet? Since I didn't hear a report back, I'll have to presume the answer is no.

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with v6 my car then.